6 | Dolly On-Board

Salty air, seagulls sounding in the blue, cloudless skies above, and the clamouring of hundreds of footsteps of people waiting to board the Campania. The tearful families bid the passengers farewell - but little did they know this might be their last goodbyes. But let's leave that for another time...

The Earl and Butler were checking out their surroundings and on full alert for anything suspicious.

The most suspicious of all people who had been under their noses the whole time had just boarded the beautiful ship before them, with his little dolly in tow.

At this point, the doll was not a doll at all. (y/n) might've been a noble when she was 'alive,' but she hadn't set a foot out of her little street in London. This was the first time she was seeing something so magnificent. Since meeting the Undertaker, she had seen so many new things, often weird but new.

(y/n) paused and looked up at the sky, basking in the warm sunshine that fell onto her face, filling her with the utmost happiness. She hadn't felt this much bliss in a long time.

She didn't keep many memories of her time as a doll, but she could recall exactly how it felt: darkness, darkness, and more darkness; with an added mix of loneliness.

She didn't feel hatred towards the ones who had done that to her, even though she should, she just experienced an intense and endless sadness. Not just for herself, but for her fiance and her family as well. A part of her would never forget her fiance, or even how she had loved him; however, it was getting tougher for her to call to mind his face. It had been so long since that incident, and now she had been given a new chance at life.

One she wouldn't let go to waste.

She felt a tug on her sleeve as she stood daydreaming and turned her head to the side to beam a brilliant smile at the male beside her. With his long, silver hair and his wide smile, and his all-black ensemble, he was the complete opposite of her fiance.

As mentioned before, he was her saviour and an odd feeling welled up in her chest when he glanced at her. Was there a way to describe it? She didn't even know.

"Welcome to the Campania, my dear (y/n). Tonight shall be fun." He snickered and began to drag (y/n) around the ship.