3 | Dolly Uncovered

Soft music swirled around the room, almost erasing the sounds of laughter, clinking of glasses and the shuffling of feet that filled the room. As far as the eye could see, people were dancing happily, eating their fill of tasty delicacies, and just enjoying the party. The smell of perfume and joy mixed and created a smell that lingered in the air.

Among the people swarming about were two people who looked the happiest. These two people were a woman who looked no older than eighteen and a young man who looked a couple of years older than her. Then a few moments later, Undertaker learned that this was their engagement party.

Off to the side stood a man who was separated from everyone else. At first glance, you would think he seemed uninterested, but if you looked closer, you would see the green-eyed monster hidden behind those brown eyes of his - swirling with envy and malice.

Later that evening, as the air outside cooled, and an owl began to begin its nighttime serenade, a single man was clutching a knife in his hand. A fit of burning jealousy was in his wretched heart, as he made his way to the manor that housed his beloved and her fiance.

All was quiet in the manor, and it was quite clear that no one was awake inside. Nothing stirred and nothing was amiss. That was until you saw the man who was now seething with anger, and the hand clutching his weapon shook even more. He didn't even think; he didn't even worry about making a sound, or that anybody who looked out of their windows at this very moment would see was what he was about to do.

He just acted on impulse, as he grabbed a nearby rock and lobbed it at a downstairs window; causing the glass to shatter and rain down on the ground before his feet. A light flickered on in a room upstairs, which he assumed was the very room the girl he loved and her hateful fiance slept.

He climbed through the now shattered window, not caring if he got cut by the jagged pieces of glass, and forged his way through the house until he came to a stop outside of the room.

Soft footsteps could be heard as someone made their way to the door, clearly to investigate what all the commotion was, and as the door opened. A tall, elegant man was revealed; just this alone made the monster within him roar louder.

Without another thought, he plunged the knife into the other male's heart. All the while, the girl behind him was too shocked to do anything - so she just stood next to the bed and wept, as soon as she saw the knife pierce the heart of the man she loved.

When the murderer had pulled the knife out of the man's body, he could stab him again and again. A gaping hole could now be seen. Blood poured out of the wound and pooled at their feet. The smell permeated the room and filled their nostrils.

The girl ran to her fiance, kneeling beside him, she held him in her arms; not caring that the once white nightdress she wore was now dyed a deep red. A deep blood red.

Blinded by his rage and jealousy, the man didn't notice that the girl he would kill for was now embracing her beloved. Her small frame was shielding him. Blow after blow, stab after stab, slash after slash. His knife wouldn't stop; it didn't falter, not until it satisfied him.

Once he had calmed down, he looked at the sight before him and his eyes widened in shock and sorrow.

The girl who had been shielding her fiance had slashes here and there on her once blemish-free skin. Consequently, she was losing a great deal of blood, and fast. Her eyes swam, and she became dizzy. Losing consciousness was something that was soon to happen.

The man couldn't believe his eyes... No, he didn't want to believe it.

Swallowed by grief and a newfound rage, he roughly grabbed the girl by the arm and dragged her out of the blood-soaked room and out into the street. He felt her drop to the ground, and it was plain to see the girl had now lost consciousness.

Tears slipped down his face as he gingerly picked her up and took her to the one person he knew could save her. A person who could revive the dead, or near dead, and turn them into something less than human.