six

The show that was playing on the television was pretty stupid, I don't even know what it's called and I'm to lazy to check. But it was stupid, and I didn't feel like changing it. I need help. 

I heard some rustling by the door and I knew my mom was here. I was suppose to come up with an explanation, but I thought it was best to let the situation explain itself and then fix the misunderstandings.

"Jamie!"

"Mother." I mumbled to myself, why is she screaming exactly?

"Hi sweetie." She said about to take a seat on the sofa but pausing when she saw someone was occupying it. A male to be exact. Zayden Stone to be more precise. But she doesn't know who Zayden Stone is.

"What is this?" She whisper-yelled. 

"Mother, what are you talking about."

"Jamie Heart, am I the only one seeing there is a random boy laying in our sofa."

"No mother, you aren't crazy."

"What's the meaning of this then?" She said finally raising her voice.

"Mother, he was in desperate need. Nothing happened as you can see."

She looked me over and then Zayden before letting out a sigh and ruffling her hair.

"Okay."

With a raise of my eyebrows, I looked at her. "Okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay then."

"Jamie, we will speak about this later. I need some sleep at the moment."

I looked her over and saw how tired she was. "There's food in the fridge."

"Thank you." With that she walked upstairs.

With a loud sigh I turned off the television and ran a hand furiously through my hair, acting as if all my problems will fly away somehow as if I ran my hand hard enough.

"She wasn't to happy about me." It was muffled but I heard him - followed by a groan.

I got up and grabbed a glass of water with some advil and handed it to him as he started sitting up. 

He gave a nod as a 'Thank you'.

"How was your sleep?"

"Good until I was woken up to a screaming mom. I don't enjoy those."

"You must have had a lot of encounters with screaming moms."

"You don't know the half of it." Once he was done with the water I went to the kitchen quickly settling it in the sink and walked back taking my seat in the sofa chair I was in before.

"I'm sorry." Were the first words to escape his mouth. I knew what he was talking about.

With a sigh I looked up at him, to see his eyes already on me. Even though he just woke up from sleeping, the dark circles under his eyes were more visible than before.

"It's okay, she didn't mind to much."

"But I barged into your home."

"I know." I deadpanned - earning a roll of eyes from him.

"We have school tomorrow."

"Don't remind me." With a chuckle he got up and stretched out a bit before folding the blanket and putting it to the side.

"Can I have the keys to my car?"

"Leaving?"

"Is it that obvious?" Sarcasm dripping every word.

I ignored it though and got up grabbing the keys to his cars and handing them to him.

"You should eat before you go."

"No thanks, you've done enough." Was his cool answer. Not.

"You just woke up from a hangover, and only took medicine five minutes ago. It hasn't set in for sure. You need to stay and eat."

He narrowed his eyes at me before sighing and nodding. I told him to follow me and took him into the kitchen, signaling him to take a seat on the stool by the kitchen counter. I grabbed some leftover lasagna, and warmed it up handing it to him. I took a seat in front of him and poured him some water before sliding it to him.

"Thanks."

"I didn't do anything."

"I feel like we have this same conversation a lot." I let out a easy laugh and started playing with my hands - as he started eating.

"This is good, did you make it?"

"It's average, firstly, and yes."

"My tastebuds say otherwise."

"You're disabled." He chuckled at my words before we settled into a calm silence.

"What happened?" I gave him a questioning look.

"Don't you remember?"

"Bits and pieces."

"Well, you proposed to me, and called my pillow your best man."

He sent a glare my way, "That didn't happen."

I started laughing at how serious he looked, "You're right."

"Are you going to tell me?"

"You know I figured it out."

"What?" Now he was the one throwing a questioning look my way.

"The gravestones, the story." I lowered my voice not knowing what else to do.

"And?"

"It was your family, right?"

"Smart."

"Observant." I corrected him.

Looking up I expected some type of reaction but he just doesn't care. 

"You don't have to act like it doesn't bother you, you know." I pointed out.

"What? Do you want me to get up and throw a tantrum or go hide out in the corner and bawl my eyes out." He slammed the fork down glaring at me. I wasn't fazed.

"Neither."

We quieted down after that.

"I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry."

"Yes... I do. I know I'm being ignorant, it's just that when you weren't doing or saying anything - I guess it bothered me. I know it's your life and your experience... I'm just sorry."

He looked at me before releasing a sigh, and ran a hand through his hair.

"Listen, you don't have to be sorry. You didn't know." He offered me a small smile that was obviously forced but I didn't push him.

"You're pretty cool, Zayden Stone."

"You too, Jamie Heart."