Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

It was morning and we were about to leave but then Spencer stopped us all. We looked at him and he showed us a drawing of a chicken. It wasn't about the drawing because it was poorly done but it was about it being found at the moment. Sean had drawn it and mocked Zayne with it on that day he said he felt as if we were followed. Zayne had thrown it away and it was two days ago since we moved from the place.

"I think we have been going around in circles." Spencer said what was on everyone's mind.

"I think we could have known that. Maybe it was blown our way by the wind or something." Sean suggested.

"No way. There isn't enough wind in here because of the trees. I believe we have been going in circles." Noah backed up Spencer.

"Guys I remember that day, I had wrote Chandler on one of the trees with a stone. If we can find that writing then we will all believe to have been going round in circles." Isaac said and we all began to look for the writing after he told us where to look exactly.

"Here!" Zayne shouted and we all ran to him. There on the tree was written, 'I miss you Chandler'.

No one said a thing after that and everyone seemed to be attending their thoughts. As for me, I started to realise things that I didn't put much thought on. Ever since we had been travelling, we hadn't met, smell or saw any big animals. It was either flies, squirrels and birds now and again. By how much we had travelled, in this forest, we should have at least met other animals.

"Alpha," Sean called and I turned to him. "I know this sounds stupid but I think we are being watched."

"I think so too." Kay agreed looking around.

I couldn't disagree on that because the feeling of being watched was really great. Before I shouted any orders, the alphas and beta surrounded me and stood in defense with their weapons out.

"I can't shift!" Ron exclaimed in horror. The others tried to shift as well but they couldn't. Our instincts alerted us of the coming strangers and we stayed on guard. Surprisingly, I was the only one who could shift.

"Who's there?" Kay shouted and then someone came out.

I've never seen such a being before. He had long white hair that passed his shoulders, he had on green clothes that made him mage in fine with the trees. He also had on a mask that was also green and it masked everything only leaving the eyes which were black in colour. His ears were long for then to be that of a normal human. My observation of him ended when I saw that this guy wasn't alone, as many of them came of hiding and surrounded us. Before my friends could attack, they became limp and suspended in the air. They were choking and trying to remove the invisible thing that was choking them.

I knew they were using magic on my friends and the only way to release them was to find the one that casted the spell. I looked around and noticed a woman who stood forward than the others. The man I saw earlier was standing beside her. She yelled something in a strange language and the man looked straight at me. He looked at me for some time and then whispered something to the woman. They both looked straight at me and that's when my fur body moved.

"Take another step wolf, and your friends will be dead." The man warned me in a deadly voice and I froze.

***
(Present time)

I wake up on a bed in a room and I stay still when I hear voices in the room. I try to eavesdrop but they are speaking in the foreign language and I can't understand what is being exchanged. I move my arm to get up and that's when I feel the chain and the sound of it alerts the strangers that I'm awake.