Chapter Eleven

Roman's POV

"Goodnight."

I whisper and hug Edwin. He leaves, running to his room and I sigh as I face me and Ken's bedroom door.

Yesterday I freaked out with what I saw and I couldn't stop crying because it hurt. I didn't want to speak with Ken too. For some reason, I didn't want him to see me crying.

I woke up very late today and missed breakfast. After a bit assurance from Edwin, I went down to the dining room for lunch. He was being a good friend by saying jokes and successfully making me laugh.

I didn't expect Ken to come in at that moment and I was actually hoping not to run paths with him. I wasn't ready to face him yet and because of that, I ignored him and remained silent.

I bit my lip when he pleaded but I just couldn't talk to him at that moment.

I was glad I didn't see Ken through the rest of the day and it gave me time to think about the whole thing. I knew I had to talk to him at some point and I didn't want to prolong the issue.

After dinner, I stayed a bit in Edwin's room and some minutes ago, he was just escorting me back to my room since it was now late.

I open the door and the first thing I see is Ken and he is busy talking on the phone. I close the door and walk to the closet to get pajama pants, so that I can change into them after showering.

"I should send that now?......how about I send it to you in the morning?......yes I know....I totally understand... I'll have to go to my office, I left it there...I told you I was sleeping you id-" Ken's words are cut off when he opens the door and goes out of the room.

Probably going to his office, from what I heard on his part of the phone call.

I sigh and get into the bathroom. I now can get my way around the whole bathing issue. Edwin believes CJ and mama C were babying me too much and now with the help of him, I can do better on my own. I put on the pants after drying myself and I crawl on the bed.

I toss and turn in bed since I can't get myself to sleep. I look at the clock and confirm that it has been four hours since I've been in bed. I look at the empty side beside me and wonder what is keeping Ken in his office.

I wait for one more hour and I get up, putting on a T-shirt and exit the room. I know I won't sleep, no matter how much I'd like to, with the absence of my mate on the bed.

I pass a few guards as I make my way to Ken's office and thankfully, no one stops me. I knock on the door but I don't wait for a response as I open the door and enter. Ken looks up at me in confusion but closes the file he was checking and looks at me expectantly.

"Ken, doing what here?" I ask, standing in front of his desk.

"Uh, I am just checking some work."

"Why now not tomorrow?" I ask again and we stare at each other for a moment in silence.

"I thought you might not want me in the same room as you, so I was giving you some space by staying in here." He answers after a while and I scoff.

"Stupid Ken." I mutter under my breath but he raises a brow at me and I know he heard me.

"We talk now." I demand and he nods.

I don't say anything and we stare at each other until he groans. He looks away for a moment and then sets his eyes back on me.

"I didn't kiss anyone Roman. I will never do that." He whispers.

"But me saw you." I protest and he shakes his head.