There Is No Benefit In Pride

I am 32 years old. My ex hubby dated me for six years, I started dating him whilst I was in grade 12, I was 19 years old. We were the best of friends. I waited until he completed college and started work, my family and his family then met, we got married and had a son. (Now 7 years old ).

My husband was short tempered at times, but our problems started when I wanted to make him feel he can't control me. Every time we argued, I would pack my bags, go to my family and explain. My sisters would phone my husband and shout at him. If he is controlling me I would always dare him that if you wish divorce me- I never wanted divorce, I just had pride and I never wanted to look as a loser in his eyes.

One day I pushed him to the limit so that for the first time he beat me up and locked me out of the house , I returned to my family, and they took him to the police to lay a charge., Every time people saw me , I looked like I was being abused! But to be honest, I used to abuse my husband emotionally.

He was arrested and detained. I was asked by his family to withdraw the case, I felt that what I was doing is wrong.
My husband was never a violent man, he did what he did because I pushed him to the limits. Of which he openly knelt down and apologized. I withdrew the charge, and we reconciled.
After three months, I packed my bags after a small issue, and he remained alone. After two days I received a call that he is in hospital, my family told me that I shouldn't go there because it will look like am begging him for another chance, and my sisters believed he is faking the illness.
All this time, people felt sorry for me like I was the one being abused. He spent a week in hospital, after he was discharged , I just received a summon for a divorce . I wanted to say no to divorce, but because I felt this pride, I wanted him to change his mind and beg me, I called him and said to him that he will get the divorce because I live like I am in hell.

When we went to court, I wanted to make him pay, so I told the court that I needed his properties to be divided between us. To my surprise he openly told the court that whatever he and I acquired together should be given to me, All he wanted was a divorce.

We divorced in 2009 July. Now, this Saturday my husband is getting married again, whilst I am here wasted! My family are gossiping about me, I depend financially on what my ex gives to my son for survival. I know I wasted my marriage. I am here telling all wives to be careful how and who you get advice from . Don't be cheated. Even my young sisters are much more respected than I am. Those who encouraged me to divorce are always bad mouthing me.
There is no benefit in pride!
Source - Unknown

********
This a perfect example and advice for those dancing in some overrated ego. Share it with your friends.