~2~

Chapter 2 // Carl's Job

     "Because I needed to put them outta their misery," you respond lightly.
     "Who were they?" he asks.
     "Are those all your questions?" you reply. You were getting tired from answering them all. You need to rest. "Please tell me it's almost over."
     "Yes, just answer them," he says and stares at you, eyes locked on to your eyes. It gives you goosebumps and you try to hide them. "We don't have all day."
     "The main question is...do you really want to know?" you smirk as your tone changes.
     "Tell me," he responds. He must be one brave guy. "I must know. I want to know."
     "You see, there's a difference between 'must' and 'want'. Ever heard of the saying curiosity killed the cat?" you give a chirpy reply and you wait for an answer. "Think again. I'll ask you one more time. Do you really want to know?"
     "Just tell me, it's your last question anyways," he withdraws his gun impatiently. "Answer the question."
     "Woah there, don't want any bullets going to waste here. Put the gun away and I'll answer," you say and he places it back in his belt, but his hand remains on the gun. You sigh. "My parents, happy? They can't live a like this. They couldn't."
     "Why?" he takes his hand off his belt, suddenly interested in what I have to say.
     "I'm sorry, but that was your last question. Too bad, so sad," you reply. He looks at you in clear annoyance.
     "Just when it was about to get interesting," he says. "Alright then"
     He grabs a hold of your hand and begins to guide you outside the building. You don't want to follow him, but you don't want to let go. His hand. It sends butterflies in to your stomach making you uneasy. His touch. It was warm giving a fuzzy vibe. You don't like the feeling. Not one bit. You need to stay strong.
     "No," you finally have the guts to say. "I'm not coming with you. I told you once. Let me say it again. I don't work with nobody."
     He stops in his tracks and turns around to face you. He just smiles and immediately, you regret every single word that just came out of your mouth. You don't know why. His effect was irresistible. I can't continue a life like this with him around to make me weak.
     "Don't worry. We won't hurt you. Just follow me and we're going to Alexandria," that's all he says and continues leading you outside in to the daylight. Obediently, you follow. It was the strangest mixture of emotions you ever had. Finally, you reach a car. "Dad, we're here"
     "Carl, did you ask her the questions," Rick asks and looks over to you.
     "Yes, she's fine. I'm taking her back to home," he responds.
     "Why?" Rick says. He turns his attention towards Carl, wearing a puzzled look.
     "Well, we can't just leave her out there," Carl begins to argue, fighting for you. You decide it's best to stay out of it. "She'll die."
     "She could be a hazard. She could pose as a threat. Will you allow her to be within the walls with..." his tone changes in to a whisper. "Judith?"
     "Let the kid stay," a girl interrupts. She glares at Rick. "Carl's right, we can't just leave her out here. It's dangerous."
     "Alright," Rick sighs. "Carl, it's your job to keep an eye on her."
     "Okay," he responds.
     "I'm Michonne," the girl introduces herself.
     You nod your head in response. Realizing that he is still holding on to your hand, Carl lets go and guides you in to the car. Instantly, you miss the feeling. The touch. You hear Michonne giggle before sitting comfortably. Just like that, you found yourself a group. This won't last long.

 This won't last long