~11~

Chapter 11 // A Cure For The Badly Broken

     "A cure?" Jessie says.
     "Yes, for when you get bit," you roll your eyes. "We need the money, fast. There are other groups who know about this and let me tell you, they're not going to give up. Never."
     "How much do you have?" Terra asks, interested.
     "Only ten thousand so far. Other groups have about fifty thousand since they're working together," you say.
     "How did they earn that much?" Sasha asks curiously.
     "They've already robbed a couple of mini banks. They didn't receive that much money because there was no way in hell they could have opened the safes. We still haven't found a way ourselves," you explain the situation.
      "How about the explosives?" Eugene finally makes use of himself. "They are strong enough to bust open the lock."
     "And set the bank on fire," Flare says. "Idiot, we already thought of that. We ain't risking it."
     "Right," he responds foolishly.
     "And who has this cure?" Abraham asks smartly.
     "The one and only," Flare pauses to make sure everyone was listening. Once all eyes were on her, she continues. "Saviors."
     "That's why they're so many of them," you state.
     "Why don't we just work with another group like the others?" Morgan suggests.
     "No, we've already found ourselves another group," Flare says. "Actually, talking about groups, the first thing we did when we came here to the mall is we emptied the cashiers. Except, they money was all stolen."
     "By the Hilltop group," you say.
     "There's more groups?" Carl speaks up.
     "Awww yeah, baby," you say. "I say we go raid them today."
     "Yeah, sure," Flare agrees. "Why not?"
     "How are you sure the Hilltop group stole the money?" Rick says.
     "They said it themselves. We had held one of them as hostage once because he tried to steal our food. He overheard us talking about the cure. I guess news spreads fast," you say and chuckle. "And the worst part of it was that he named himself Jesus. How pathetic is that? So full of himself."
      "Prepare yourselves, ladies and gentlemen," Flare begins. "We will be going to war. Finally. Am I right, War Child?"
      "Damn right, Flare," you respond cheerfully. Time to put your battle skills to use. "Care to join us?"
      There was a pause of hesitation. No one said anything for a while. They were thinking about it. After all, they didn't know exactly who the Hilltop people wore. Even we didn't know who they were. To you, they were psychopaths with lame names that will steal from anybody and everybody.
     "How much money did they take?" Maggie asks, breaking the silence.
     "Fifty thousand," Flare says and you could see her anger flicker through her eyes.
     "Will we...kill them?" Sam asks. He was clearly afraid.
     "If we have to," Flare replies bluntly.
     "Don't worry," Carol reassures Sam.
     "Count me in," Daryl says.
     He had already thought it through. Instantly, we had more people agree to commit. In the end, everyone decided to join us. They were all brave people. You smirk. Your dream is about to come true.
     "Great, we'll leave at dawn."