The Accident

Jared's POV

Sam have been staying over for the past 2 days so we could have some time together, before she leaves for her holiday. Today is that day.

We have a few hours before her bus leaves to the airport.

A few hours before I wont see her for three weeks.

I am scared, I must admit. She makes me happy, and when she is not here, I feel terrible. I am scared of what might happen  to me without her around to make me happy.

I, of course, have Jensen to take care of me, but I feel guilty for having him to watch out me. Christ, I am an adult, I should be able to take care of myself.

We decided earlier that we wanted to watched some TV, and just cuddle. That is basically how our day went. And without even noticing, she were late for her bus.

Never have I ever seen her run so fast to gather her things, and then she had to leave.

We took our time to say goodbye. A long hug, followed by a long kiss. It all felt amazing, and  I never wanted it to end.

Because of Sam, my depression had gotten better. I have not felt this happy for a long, long time. I do not know how she is doing it, but I absolutely love it.

And then her bus was about to leave, and she was in a hurry.

Without looking, she ran across the street, and that was when it all went in slow-motion.

I saw it all.

The truck came with such power, that I knew it would not end well.

Then it hit her.

I did not know how to react. I could not progress it. I could not accept it.

 The only thing I could hear was my own heart beating.  

I ran as fast as I could. I needed to see if there was a chance that she was still alive. I needed to know.