Chapter 8: Too Far

Chapter 8

Christine has been nervously avoiding Ron for about a few weeks now. She didn't want him to ask ANY questions. She doesn't want to explain anything, he'll just think she's awful.

So when Christine is NOT running from Ron, she's with Seamus. Except now, every since that night, Seamus has been a lot more.... clingy. He's also always kissing her in public. She just feels SUPER uncomfortable. She tries to ignore it, but it gets on her nerves. One day, he went too far.

That day was a Wednesday. It was after dinner and Seamus and Christine were walking back to the Gryffindor common room for bed. "Hey, Christine," he said getting her attention.

Christine looked at him. "Yes?" she asked.

"Do ya love me?" Seamus asked.

Christine sighed and rolled her eyes. As if she never got asked this question whenever she was with Tom. "Yes," she lied.

"How much?" he asked.

"A lot," she lied even more.

Seamus stopped walking and took her hand. "Will you do anything for me?" he asked her looking into her eyes. "Would you run away for me?"

"Like what?" she asked.

Seamus then leaned in and kissed her. Christine jumped back and looked at him in shock.

"What are you doing?" she asked as if he had just pulled out a knife about to slash her.

"I really love you. So much I just might die," he admitted.

Christine shook her head. She knew what he was Hinton at. "No, thanks," she told him. "I'm not ready."

Seamus then got closer to her and tucked her hair behind her ear like Tom did. "If you really loved me you would," he told her with his seductive Irish accent.

Christine was almost under his spell, but she pushed him away. "No, I'm really not ready," she confirmed. "I'm sorry. Maybe I don't really love you."

Christine then started to run off in a different direction. "Where are ya going?" he asked.

Christine stopped and turned to face him. "Getting out," she said as she turned and ran off again. At first, Christine was going to run into the Forbidden Forest, then she decided to go to the Astronomy Tower. It was amazing from up there, you could see everything.

So, she ran up the long spiraling stair case and got up. She ran to the bars that withheld people from falling down. Christine looked down and took deep breaths.

"What are you going to do?" Christine asked herself. "Should you give in? Or break up with him?"

"I'd say you should break up with him," someone told her from behind.

No, not Tom, she thought. Christine then turned around and saw a familiar Neville Longbottom standing there. "If he's pressuring you, then you should break up with him," he told her. "It's not right."

"But I think I love him," Christine fought back.

"If you really loved him, you'd know," he put a thought into her head.

"How will I know?" Christine asked.

Neville looked at her. "You know you love someone when your heart is like a sing songy bird, beating whenever he's around; if whenever you stare at him, your eyes dilate and you can't help but stare at them; and if you can honestly picture spending the rest of your life together with your children," Neville told her. "That's how you know."

"Is that what you do when you're around me?" Christine asked.

Neville's face turned white and red at the same time. He was stunned she'd say that, yet he was embarrassed that she had noticed. Christine got a little closer to him. "I know that you like me," she told him. "It's kind of obvious, sorry. Just ever since the Yule Ball, I've known. I knew you were going to ask me, but Seamus got to me first. Sorry, about that. I really should have let you finish. I would've loved to go to the Yule Ball with you. And I'm also sorry, I didn't let you kiss me under the holly. I should've acted like it was mistletoe and let you have that. I'm so sorry I've been really weird. And I'm so sorry that you had to witness me and Seamus together a few weeks ago. I've meant to say that I'm sorry for a few years, but I never got to it. So, once again, sorry."

Neville just stared at her. He took in every single word of her "I'm Sorry Speech". He smiled afterwords. "I forgive you," he said.

Christine shook her head. "Don't," she said. "I've been awful to you, and I don't deserve to be forgiven. Please don't forgive me."

"But I do," he concluded. "I should be the one who is sorry. I knew that it was holly at the Yule Ball, I just wanted to see if you'd fall for it."

Christine smiled and hugged him. "I forgive you," she told him. She then pulled away from their hug.

"Aren't you hot?" Neville asked.

Christine blushed. "Thank you," she said.

"You are, but I was talking about your sweater," he explained. "It's kind of hot out, don't you want to roll up your sleeves?"

Christine shook her head quickly. "I'm cold all the time," she told him.

Neville nodded like he understood. "Are you going to the dinner party for Slughorn?" he asked. "I got invited to see if I was eligible to be in the Slug Club."

"Oh, that," Christine said remembering. "I got invited, yeah. I think I'm going. When is it again?"

"Friday," he told her.

Christine nodded she then started for the stairs. "Bye, Neville," she told him.

"I think you should break up with him," Neville reminded her.

Christine stopped going down the stairs and looked at him to smile. She then continued walking down the stairs.