"You're crying" He said. It was not a question or a statement, infact she didn't know what it was. He did not show any kind of emotion and it made it hard for Sophia to judge his actions.

To her surprise, Conner slowly brought his hands up to her face  and wiped away the tear. It made Sophia shiver at how warm his hand felt on her cold skin.

"What were you thinking?" Now this was a question.
"Nothing" Sophia replied and looked away towards the window.

Conner stood there for a while, and Sophia  thought he would go away. But instead he leaned in and picked up her laptop. 
"Hey! That's  mine!" Sophia  tried to snatch it away but failed because  he stood 6 feet tall and she couldn't  even stand because  of her seat belt. "Seriously give it back Conner" She groaned.

"That's my baby.." He said in a  soft voice which  made Sophia freeze.

He was referring to Serenity in the photograph. Sophia  looked at him and for the first time saw different emotions  on his face. Happiness,  excitement,  hurt, anger and regret. He brought his hand up and touched the screen with his fingers, as if trying to live the momen.

Sophia looked away as she tried hard not to cry. He  the reason every thing  happened. She remembered that day clearly. It started out like any other day when..

She told Erica that she'll be going to a party with her friends. Well, technically she never went to a party, she actually planned on going to the doctor for a check-up.  she had been vomiting frequently, and began liking pickles and other foods she would usually keep away from. She began having weird cravings which all pointed to the signs of pregnancy

Just to be sure she had booked an  appointment with the doctor this  afternoon. So she decided to ditch her friends and go to the hospital.

''Sophia Dixon.'' The receptionist called. She stood up slowly  and went to her, ''Go to cabin no. 17, Doctor Helena is waiting for you. Sophia nodded and went towards the hallway. After looking for the cabin for almost ten minutes and banging into two people, she finally reached the cabin and softly knocked on it . Once she heard a come in, she went inside.

The doctor conducted a routine check-up and it was normal, but she just had to wait for the report.

''So Sophia, here are your reports.'' Dr. Helena smiled at her warmly and handed her the files. She paid  then and also thanked them, bit without much ado she went out of the hospital straight to a nearby café.

Ttookaking a comfortable seat near the window she ordered coffee, trying to delay the opening of the report. After drinking coffee she finally gathered the courage to open the file abut as soon as she started reading it, read  my eyes automatically stopped on a certain line.

'Pregnancy test - positive'

And that was when her whole world came crashing down. She didn't understand how and when has she gotten herself pregnant when she always used protection.
How will she handle this? She's  just a teenager! How will she tell her mom and her sister Erica?
They'll hate her. No, for her, this could not be happening...but the main question was,  how will she carry a baby in her stomach without even knowing who the dad is ?

Then it hit her. Who was the father? She quickly re-read the report and read that she was '3 months pregnant'.

So she figured that she slept with a guy three months back? She felt devastated and wanted to cry because she couldn't remember who she had slept with. She must have been too drunk because she could not remember.