Chapter 1: Practice

Eren's POV

"Everybody's got their demons, even wide awake or dreaming.."

My eyes shot opened from the sound of my mother calling my name. "Eren! Don't you have practice this morning? Get up!" She yelled from outside my door. Groaning, I glanced at my clock. 8:37am, it read. I stretched out my limbs across my bed. Exhaling a deep breath, I stood up from my bed and walked to my bathroom. After taking a brisk shower, moisturizering, and dental care, I just needed some coverage. I applied some neutral and light makeup, nothing too extravagant. I chose some comfortable underwear and slipped on a t-shirt and cheer shorts.

I grabbed my phone from my charger and packed my cheer bag with necessities. I double checked everything before going down the stairs.
"Hey, Sweetheart, you look exhausted. Are you feeling okay?" My mom emerged from the kitchen with a water bottle and a small bag filled with homemade trail mix. She placed them in my bag with a sweet smile. What would I do without her? I nodded my head at her question, running my fingers through my hair to control the frizz. "Yes mama, we have a science exam next week and I really don't want to flunk this one, so I'm studying a lot. It's no biggie, I'm eating and drinking enough, I promise." I kiss her gently on the forehead and she brought me in for a hug. "You're my beautiful baby boy and I want you to be safe and healthy. I love you." She released me and held up my car keys. I slipped on my practice shoes and took them from her hands. "I love you too, I'll see you in a bit. Be safe!" I closed the door behind and settled my gear in my car. It's just a Ford Fusion, once again, nothing too extravagant.

I'm almost to my school's drive way when I see a very familiar car parked near the practice field — Levi Ackerman — Now that guy, is very extravagant. Once upon a time, he was my torturer or a "bully" in more simple terms. Never failed to make me feel small or insecure. But in some sick twist of events, I fell for him. I wish I never had, I have absolutely no reason to like him. Except he is very handsome, but love is such a crazy bitch and we grow to accept it. My anxiety levels start picking up the more I think of seeing him. I don't exactly look my best today and I'd rather not let him see me like this. I swallow down the dryness building in my throat and parked my car next to him. I take my gear and head toward my teammates, ignoring the men scattered on the field.

"Good morning, ladies! Is everyone warmed up yet?" I questioned my team. Most of them responded no, so I had Mikasa assist me in stretches. But I was distracted. The feeling of eyes burning the back of my head was becoming uncomfortable. I attempted to shake it off and focus on the task at hand but nothing worked. I decided a peak wouldn't hurt and turned my head to the field. I'm met with Levi's piercing gaze fixated on mine. I licked my lips since they seemed to become dry immediately. I tear my eyes from him and focus once again on my team.

Not long after we began to practice our chants, an object nudged me on the back of my ankle. I looked down startled at the interruption. A football laid on the ground. "Hey, could I get that back?" An unbothered voice said. I looked at the body of the voice. Levi stood there, arms crossed and his usual bored look was plastered on his face. His black hair stuck to his forehead from sweat and his grey muscle shirt was also drenched. He raised his eyebrow. "Well?" He asked. Not noticing I was staring at him for so long, I quickly picked up the ball and put it in his hands. He sighed. "Thank you, Eren." He said and began to walk away. Embarrassed out of my mind, I managed to respond back. "You're welcome, Levi!" I waved him goodbye and looked back to my team. They all gave me knowing looks. "You're so obsessed with him." Sasha pointed out. My ears began to heat up. "Am I that obvious?" I questioned them. They all nodded. I groaned and waved them off. We went over notes and tips and said our goodbyes.

It was around 11am by then and it seemed like the football team had finished up their practice at the same time. I packed up my gear and made my way to my car. I threw my bag into my passenger seat and moved my way around to the driver's side. But I was quickly caught in my steps. There's Levi once again, but now he's leaning against his car staring at the ground. I'm nervous but it would be rude to ignore him. "Hi, Levi." I leaned against my car door. Levi looked up at me. "Hey, Eren. You did great today." He complimented me.
It caught me completely off-guard but I smiled nonetheless. "Thanks. You also did great today, Mr. Star Quarterback." I giggled. He nods and gives me a small smile. "Eren?" Levi said. I hummed. "Do I make you nervous to be around me?" He asked and kicked a pebble on the parking lot ground. Could it be he's a bit nervous too. I scratched the back of my head and decided to be honest. "I kind of have a few reasons to so yeah, you do." He nodded slowly in understanding. "Okay. Well, I'll go first. See you in class..." He mumbled something else but I didn't catch it. Before I could ask him to repeat, he immediately got in his car and drove off.

I tilted my head in confusion but I decided not to dwell on it. At least he talked to me today. It sounded like he had other concerns on his mind. He's extravagant like that. I sat comfortably in my car, contemplating for a split moment on what I experienced today and made my way back home.

A/N GUYSSSS IM BACKK HEYYY! Actually I've been here but im just really shitty at continuing stories but this one is gonna get done and you're all gonna love it.
Edited-02/2019
Edited- 10/2019