Sky High Part 5

It was 3:40pm after school and I was walking home from my first day of school, to be honest it was quite scary and horrifying.

*Beep*

I reached into the back pocket of my jeans and dug for my phone. When I had finally found it I unlocked my phone seeing a text message from one of my old high school friends, named Samuel.

Sam.

Hey are you back in California?

I fiddled with my phone smiling slightly, Sam was one of my good friends back at our old high school, before he left for a much higher educated high school that helped more with his collage degree.

Marie

Yea, haven't moved since where are you?

Within a few minutes, Sam had replied.

Sam

Meet me at the paper lantern, tonight at 8pm...

For some unknown reason I didn't want to go, Sam and I were close but I didn't want to be as close as were back then, I mean he could've changed after 10 months things do happen. But one thing I know for sure is that I couldnt say no to someone who wants to see me..

Marie

Okay, I'll see you there. 😃

I felt a Buzz then a message.

Sam

See you there sweet cheeks. ❤

I froze in my walking position. Sam hadn't called me that since he left and for some reason my stomach ached at the feeling.

I shoved my phone into the back of my pocket, pressing my lips together crunching my eyebrows together also, this isn't right. I shoved my hands into my pockets for warmth, my legs slowly moving walking towards my house, couldn't believe I was going to the paper lantern with Sam Fogelmanis at 8pm tonight.

I thought for a moment shaking my head.

"This isn't right" I mumbled, taking a deep breath.

"Mom I'm home!!" I yelled walking towards the porch of my house and lifted the mat for the key, I grabbed it and unlocked it.

I took my coat off hanging it up on the cloths hanger.

"I'm in the kitchen honey!!" I heard her shout, I walked towards the kitchen seeing her cooking dinner with her fire bending, you see my mom has fire bending and water bending my dad on the other hand has air and earth, weird huh.

"Hey honey, how was your first day of school?" She asked I smiled putting my back on the couch and smiled.

"Great actually, people are saying that I'm the new fire girl at school, don't know who was the..... Never mind." I laughed looking at my mom.

"And my daughter has taken my old nickname, good on you sweetie" mom nudged my head messing up my hair, using her air bending I laughed sitting on the counter seat.

"Mom, um I'll be going to the paper lantern tonight, Sam from high school wants to meet me there at 8pm, could I please go?" I asked my mom stopped with her cooking, and turned to me cooling the hot food down.

"Sure sweetie just remember my rule, no drinking!" I saluted my mother, getting up from my seat.
"You know I don't drink mom!!" I yelled heading to the stairs, walking up to my bedroom, shutting my door.

"What to wear?" I simmered out, swaying through my closet, I stopped at one dress, I buffed.

"We'll isn't this gonna have to do... Going classic I guess" I murmur, pulling it out.