Chapter 1

Tweek was a brave person but not for the reasons one might think. He has never rescued someone from a burning building or fought a monster. He can't look at a flame without crying or even step on a spider for that matter, let alone do anything heroic.

However, he's brave. He knows that he is. he's so scared of the outside world and everything that goes on in it. Even knowing all of this though he still chooses to go outside. He still goes to school and even tries to interact with other humans every once in a while even if they could potentially stab him.

Although, Tweek still isn't perfect by any means. He's in high school now and he still stutters when he gets too nervous, and he's still addicted to coffee. And overall still just as much of a spaz as ever. While it's not the word Tweek would use some people would go as far as to call him a freak.

Tweek was also scared of so many things. Everything he looks at is just another threat to his survival. Kyle once asked him what the scariest thing he's ever faced was and he explained the underpants gnomes. He would on  and on about how much pressure they put him under and how scary they were. There was some truth to the statement. After all, who wouldn't be scared of tiny monsters sneaking into your room every night and stealing your underpants for no reason. But, it wasn't his greatest fear.

The scariest thing to Tweek is ironically the one and only person who helps him to be brave. His best friend, Craig Tucker. Craig with his shiny black hair and pretty blue eyes.

It's not that Craig himself is scary. In fact, Tweek would go as far to say that Craig is one of the least intimidating guys he knew. It's what he represents that's terrifying. Love, rejection, loneliness, obsession, and change. It's the feeling that pools in his stomach every time Tweek talks to his stoic friend, that's what scares him. There are so many emotions Tweek feels when he talks to his friend. There were so many that Tweek couldn't even name all of them. There was something scary about not being able to completely understand your feelings, but it was more than that.

Since you see, Tweek may or may not be in love with his best friend. As you can probably guess, his raven-haired friend is oblivious to his feelings, but that's the way Tweek likes it. He would rather never know how the other feels and never fear rejection than have those blue eyes that he adores so much look at him with disgust. It was an emotion than Tweek didn't see too often on his friend's face but it was familiar enough for the blonde to be able to imagine exactly what Craig would look like.

Unfortunately for Tweek in the following weeks, his world was going to change in ways he never thought possible before.