-chapter one-

Chaos.

That's how Steven would describe everything at this moment. Just absolute chaos.

Gems fighting for their lives.

Homeworld against the Crystal Gems.

It was no longer just Steven, Amethyst, Pearl, and Garnet. They had almost an army now, including Peridot, Lapis, and Connie.

Connie.

Her name was stuck in his head, she was all he could think about at the moment. Why had he let her fight in this madness? She was only human, not a gem!

Except Connie wasn't like other humans.

She was smart. Strategic. She knew how to defend herself and how to swordfight.

Steven knew he shouldn't worry, Connie could fend for herself and plus, she was right behind him, fighting alongside Steven.

"Are you okay Steven?" she had asked.

Was he really okay? He didn't feel like it. If he said he was okay, it would be like lying. At this point, no one was okay. He wasn't okay.

"Not really, why?" he replied.

"Just asking."

He wished it could all be over. The fighting. This war. Why couldn't they just converse with one another and hopefully come to an agreement? Why couldn't they just work together and be friends?

But no, Homeworld wasn't like that. They wanted to destroy the Rebellion forever. Probably as an example of what would happen if anyone tried to rebel. But, maybe someone would pick up where the Rebellion left off and possibly see where they went wrong, possibly being even more successful.

If they destroyed the Rebellion, who would protect Earth? What would become of the Earth? What would happen to all the people living? What would happen to all the life there? And why Earth? Why not some other planet to take over, instead of Earth?

Steven's mind raced with questions. He wanted to know why they where doing this, why not some other planet, etc.

He never wanted any of this, neither did Pearl, Amethyst, Garnet, and the rest.

They never wanted the second gem war.