Chapter 8.5

It was the dead of night, and nearly all the members of the Slender mansion were asleep. It was quiet, save for some hushed conversations. There was occasional loud laughter or noisy rowdiness, but that was quickly hushed.

Jeff let out a groan, stretching out his arms after a long night as he walked up the stairs. He got to his room and slammed the door shut before throwing off his blood-stained hoodie into a corner. He flopped face down onto his bed, the springs groaning under his weight.

There was a soft noise, a doorknob being turned, before his door creaked open slightly. Jeff glared with a soft growl and walked over to shut the door once more. He grumbled and sat on his bed, rubbing his temple. There was a barely audible scuffling noise, and the man whipped his head up. The room was empty. He shrugged, since creepy things were normal in this place, and lay back on his bed..

There was another quiet noise, and Jeff grimanced. "Whoever or whatever is in here should better leave..." he growled, slowly turning his head. Right in front of his face, sat a rag doll with blonde hair and a soft yellow dress. "Hello!" it greeted in the voice of a little girl. "I'm Mary!"

Jeff stared at the doll, unfazed. "What do you want?"

"I'm looking for someone," she said bluntly.

Jeff looked her up and down, putting two and two together in his head. Probably looking for that new kid...

"How did you get here?" he asked, sitting up. "I saw him walking here with some girl, so I followed! They closed the door before I could get in, though... and it's really hard to sneak into such a big house with so many people!" she complained, crossing her little arms. "Do you know where he is?"

Jeff yawned, covering his mouth with a hand. "Yeah, yeah, I know where he is..." he said tiredly, standing up and picking up the doll. She cheered happily as he walked over.

The man made his way over to a window and opened it. "Wait, what are you—" Mary began before she was forcefully thrown out the window and into the darkness. Jeff closed the window and, with another yawn, went back to bed.