Ch.21. White Void

"Open your eyes." A familiar voice softly asks. I do as they say and gasp.

I'm in some sort of white void. There is absolutely nothing around me. It reminds me of the scene at the end of Harry Potter except this time a young boy sat cross-legged in front of me.

"Felix...? Where are we?" I ask, strangely calm.
"I've entered your neutral dream."
"What...? Why...?" I ask.
"You think you aren't worthy to be called a super, but you've been having visions..." His soft accent dripped from every word in a way that didn't quite fit his appearance.
"My dreams were visions?" I ask, "of course... They came true..."
"I've looked into the cortex and memory of your brain and the source of your 'dreams' do not come from there. You are more powerful than it seemed at first. Even I have not been able to access your information."

"My information?" I ask, I suddenly realise how little I knew compared to this little blond haired boy sitting across from me in this sparse void.
"Every person has certain information on their abilities that I can read, like if they can summon air or rain, or tell if you're lying. Yet I am the only super with this ability as far as we know and you are the only one I cannot access."
"What does that mean?" I ask quietly.
"I do not know."

We grow silent. I look around, there was no way of differentiating the sky from the ground as I looked towards the horizon.

"Why do you refuse being called your birth name, Samatha?" Felix whispers softly.
"My father convinced my mother to call me that when I was born, but my mother kept calling me Summer to stir him up." I smile as I remember one night we both went outside to stare at the stars while lying on an old mattress, "She would always say that even though winter would always creep in, I held the warmth of ten Summer days."

A tear makes a trail down the left side of my face. I look into his eyes and find hope staring back at me.
"Very well, Summer. You must know that no matter what stands before you, it can only be you who can make the decision to save our kind. I fear that telling you more will farther the chances of your success."
"Wait, you mean you don't know if I can save Jack or not?" I ask quickly.
"That is indeed true."

The fresh white around me stars to fade. The darkness stars creeping up on me.
"You're being woken up." He states. My eyes start drooping and become quite heavy.

"Summer... Don't lose hope, for you may be reunited with more than one person you love, and you will have to make a choice.... Don't fail us..."

The darkness finally engulfs me, quickly ending my confusion. I was now losing the confidence I once had, but I was too overwhelmed with tiredness that I soon forgot.

------------

"Summer wake up, we have to go!" A voice yells at me.

I groggily open my eyes to find Bella panicking at the doorway. I jump out of the bed when I start to hear sirens. Red lights blare from the corridor outside.
"What's going on...?" I half-yawn.
"It's the Snatchers," she whispers, his tone dead and cold, "They've found us... Phil's hiding in my room, they were in the training room when I left, we have to go."

I rush to my closet, not caring that Bella is in the room. I quickly get changed into a training suit.
"Alright," Bella whispers, "My rooms just down the corridor, towards the canteen. I've checked and it seems they haven't come through here yet."

She checks outside, making sure there isn't anyone there, we then start sneaking towards her room. We silently pick up the pace and I realise she's holding a gun in her right hand. Footsteps start coming from the end of the hallway so we duck into a random room. Once the marching passes, we continue along.

I let out a breath I hadn't known I was holding once we reach the room labelled Bella Edwards. Inside we find not only Phil, but the girl who supposedly warned me ages ago.
"Finally! I thought they got you..." Phil whispers gladly.

Something clicked in my mind. It was a risk, but something told me this was the only way.
"That's how we get there."
"What?" The girl asks obnoxiously.
"They don't know our plans, and the best way to get there might be to trick them into taking us there..." I respond.
"That's stupid!" She states, but Phil Bella seems to agree.
"Yeah, we'll be taken wherever Dan and Jack were taken." Phil states as well.
"We can't just go waltzin' out saying 'ooh look at me I'm trying to hide from da snaters butt dat don't work ohh book!!" She mimicked in a low voice.

Bella opens her mouth, probably to tell her how stupid she sounds, but the door bursts open suddenly. A lone Snatcher stands in the doorway, with a very surprised look on her face. The girl was wearing the same generic suit, and was carrying a small pistol. Her blank expression turns into an evil smirk. She yells sometime in a foreign language and launches forwards at me as I'm the closest to her. I'm suddenly caught off guard as the but if her gun smashes into my temple.

I collapse to the ground, and the world goes dark. A hear a gun shot ring out as I finally go under.

----
25/7/16 hey guys!! We officially got 900 reads!!! Thank you guys!!!!!! Lets aim for 1k!!