C.8. A Small Explanation

Jack starts walking to the middle of the room. As it was separated into four sections, there was a two walkways who met through the middle. He walks out past the middle and looks back at me.

We slow at the boxing ring occupied by two guys. It was obvious that one was more skilled than other. The less-skilled one was slumped and punching randomly at the other. He was wearing a singlet that really showed how much he was trying. Each punch was easily dodged by the skilled one. He was wearing a large hoodie and baggy shorts and kept moving around and around, confusing the less-skilled one.

We draw closer and Jack stops. He looks as me and winks cheekily.
"Hey Dave! Hello Bella!" He yells. Bella...? I look closer at the skilled one and realise it was a girl. I wonder how could I not have realise this before. Maybe it was her hoodie, which had just fallen from her shoulders, now revealing long brown hair tied up in a bun.

The less-skilled guy looks back slightly and smiles weakly at Jack. I'm the split second that Dave wasn't concentrating, Bella had advanced on him and quickly took him down. Dave didn't get up instantly, but stayed down panting. Bella looks up at Jack and nods politely.

Jack chuckles and turns towards me.
"Never get distracted when fighting Bella, either way, it won't work out very well." He says quietly. He gestures to me to follow him again and starts walking to the doorway in between the two sections. Jack pushed open the white canteen-like doors, and I can tell that it is some sort of canteen. This room wasn't as big  as the last but it was just as tall. The walls were rectangular and white but showed signs of age.

I look to one side and see quite a few long tables that could hold many people. On a wall, there are multiple clocks that show the time in major countries. There was Tokyo, London, Sydney, Washington and more I didn't recognise. I look to the right as see a small room, obviously the kitchen. I could hear food being fried and smell the variety of foods on the tables sat evenly outside the kitchen. There were foods from different cultures, I could even see a pile of slightly disgusting hamburgers being eaten by a cute obese couple.

Almost all of the tables were empty, which caused me to wonder why they have so many, for I could only count about twenty people sitting around the room.
"Where is everyone?" I ask softly, as we are passing a full table. They all seemed to be staring a Jack, like he was a power to be respected and feared. It scares me.

Jack suddenly stops at one of the many empty tables and sits down. I go and sit on the opposite side to face him. His face grows darker but his sudden anger seems to fade.
"There use to be so many of us," he says, "I've been here since I was a child, all my life. This is my home, but people I care about, people I love, have been taken away from me."
"Where did they go?" I ask. He looks up and seems to realise I was listening. He smiles a fake smile and sits up properly.

"Well... You know the Snatchers from the train station. They work differently than your normal 'kill kill kill' villains. They never kill when they capture you." He smiles, "at least, we don't think so. They use a gun that has been modified to stun. We took their weapons when we could and copied them." He goes silent, "Though there's a rumour they've abandoned the pacifist way..."

"So... Are they even humans?" I ask quietly. He smiles and struggles to keep a straight face.
"Yeah. They are definitely human, but only by blood." He whispers confusingly, "As far as we know, they 'take' the powers from the ones they capture and use it themselves. The only power that is ever successfully 'taken' is the teleportation skill, but it changes them..." He finishes, looking as though he was remembering something terrible.

"Changes them how?" I ask nervously. I look back at the table we passed earlier. There was about ten people, both male and female of all ages, but most of them are teens. They kept looking back at us both and gossiping, and when they saw me looking towards them, they looked alarmed and quickly glanced away. I focus my attention back on Jack, ignoring their constant chatting.

"Well..." He starts quietly, "it changes their state of mind. They only focus on the 'mission' that is given to them by their leader; that's to bring in all of the supers... It also changes their eyes... It makes them soulless and evil. They look... Well, it seems like the only change to their appearance." He them looks up and forces his face into a goofy smile. "At first, they tried to take the other powers as well... It never worked. I guess they are still trying to harness our powers still."

"How do you know so much?" I ask.
"My father told... You know what! You haven't got a room yet!" He quickly jumps up from the table, which spooks the gossiping teenagers at the opposite table.

I get up as well, just to see Jack sprinting to another set of doors. He stops, turns to me and smiles the most cheesiest smile I've ever seen.