Her Fall

New Kid kept a close eye on (Name), making sure that her cloak didn't fall off of her. She had explained that she didn't want her cousin to find out about her working for his enemies, and New Kid was going to make sure that she stayed hidden. He enjoyed her company.

Along the way, New Kid had showed (Name) on his phone where they were going. He was supposed to find Jesus for Father Maxi, but he had been putting it off to build up his skills and level up. New Kid figured that this quest would be simple and easy enough for the inexperienced girl to help him with.

"So, where exactly are we going to find Jesus?" (Name) asked, kicking a small mound of snow on the sidewalk as they walked. New Kid pointed forward, toward the church. Just then, he held his arm out to stop the (Hair Length)-haired girl from going any further.

Outside of the church were a small group of elves. They looked tough and ready to fight any human they came across. (Name) gasped softly and hid behind New Kid. "How are we gonna get by them?"

New Kid looked around them, trying to find some sort of solution. Then, he grabbed (Name)'s shoulder and pointed for her to hide behind a nearby tree. Then, he motioned for her to watch him before he headed over to battle the elves. 

(Name) sprinted over to the tree and watched New Kid approach the elves. One of them, looking to be the leader of the group, snapped at his fellow members and looked at New Kid. "Hey, kid. This is elf territory. Get lost." New Kid simply whacked him over the head with his weapon, initiating the fight. 

The whole while that they were fighting, (Name) watched closely. She wasn't exactly sure what she was looking for, but she studied the attacks that New Kid used in battle. She wanted to prove that she could be more useful than a Wench.

Just then, New Kid locked eye contact with (Name). His gaze flicked over to the doors of the church, and then back to her. She nodded, getting the message, and quietly made her way from behind the tree. 

There were two shrubs on either side of the church doors, luckily for (Name). She hid behind one of them and peeked over the top of it to make sure that the coast was clear. She tiptoed quickly to the door and went inside, gently closing the door behind her. 

(Name) sighed as she looked around inside of the church. Because her aunt and uncle were Jewish, she wasn't taken to the same church as the other children in South Park. As the young girl was looking around, she heard giggling. 

"Tee hee hee."

(Name) stopped in her tracks. Her eye widened as she glanced around nervously. Who would sit in an empty church and giggle like a child? She started looking around again before she saw a figure poke their head up from behind one of the pews. 

Jesus.

He quickly hid Himself again once He saw that (Name) and giggled again. She smiled before going over to the pew that Jesus was hiding in and tapped His shoulder. Jesus jumped out of hiding and smiled at her. "You found me!" He said before giggling again.

(Name) took the hood of her cloak off and smiled brightly at Jesus. "Hi. I'm here with New Kid, but I'm not sure what we're supposed to do."

Just then, New Kid came into the church and walked over to the two of them. He nodded his head to Jesus before giving (Name) a thumbs-up, meaning that he had taken care of the elves outside. 

"Next time, young ones, finding me won't be so easy." Jesus warned before walking off. 

New Kid gave a soundless groan, rolling his eyes. It seemed that this quest would take longer than expected. (Name) put her hand on his shoulder and smiled gently at him. "Let's just head back to Kupa Keep, okay?"

However, New Kid shook his head, his hair getting into his face. He grabbed (Name)'s hand before heading toward Stark's Pond. (Name) was slightly confused about why they were there. 

New Kid looked around for a moment, and then went over to a dirt trail that led to some trees. He knocked down a pile of sticks in his way and tapped a little girl on her shoulder. The dark-haired girl turned around to face him. "This place is dark and scary. What if you never found me?"

New Kid rubbed her shoulder and gave her a thumbs-up. The little girl smiled at him before running off. (Name) watched after her nervously, wondering where she was going and if she'd be safe. The girl was about Ike's age, which triggered her protective side.

"Should we go back now?"

"Not so face!" A voice sounded behind them. (Name) panicked and quickly pulled her hood over her head, tying the strings of the cloak tight. The same group of elves from before were there, looking beaten up and bruised. 

The leader stepped forward and pointed at New Kid. "You're gonna pay for that, douchebag! Beating us up for no reason... Charge!"

The elves ran at New Kid. He stepped forward, shielding (Name) with his body. However, the force of the four elves charging into him knocked him backwards, causing him to bump into the Wench behind him. 

(Name) lost her balance, shrieking in surprise, and fell backwards into the pond. New Kid knocked the elves off of him and rushed to help her out of the cold water. She was shivering furiously as she clung onto the Fighter for warmth. In the process of helping (Name) out of the pond, her hood had fallen off.

Luckily for her, the elves had vanished already. New Kid looked at her worriedly, asking with his eyes if she was okay. (Name) nodded hard, teeth chattering as she smiled. "L-l-let's go-go see th-the k-k-k-k-king."

New Kid pulled his jacket out of his backpack and gave it to her to wear. She smiled gratefully and put the jacket on. On the way back to Kupa Keep, neither of them said anything. But, as they entered Cartman's house, (Name) sneezed. 

"Oh, no..." She grumbled, running her hands down her face. 'A cold...'