Chapter 34 - Ms Rita♡

Once we arrived back at the castle, I went straight to my room and grab my travelling  bag that was already packed for tomorrow, and took a quick shower before informing Zen of my leaving. He questioned my motives but I reassured him it was just a visit.

I took another horse, since mine was tired from the journey back from the Military Department, and attatched my bag to the belt around the flank.

"Now, just where do you think you're going Ms (Y/N) Horocrox?~" A familiar voice sings his question and I look from the corner of my eye to see Obi hanging upside down from a tree branch. "A maiden should not be out this late at night."

"I'm leaving to go visit Ms Rita." I say as I sit on the saddle.

"You'd be faster on foot, and weren't you meant to be leaving in a couple of days with your's truly?" He gestures to himself.

"I'm tired, I don't want to walk. " I explain the answer to his first question and wrap my hands around the reins. "Change of plans, Ms Rita won't mind. I thought you'd be asleep and not want to come."

He snickers and lets himself drop to the floor, scaring me for a few seconds since he just lay there, before getting up prancing towards the horse as if nothing happened. He looks up at me with his hands loosly by his sides. "I am a night owl, I don't sleep at night."

I groan teasingly. "But I don't want you to come."

"Well, I am now." He smiles and is about to mount the same horse as me but I grab his arm to stop him.

"Woah, woah. Get you're own horse."

"Nope, I'm sharing with you."  He grins once I let go and sits on the saddle, then  taking hold of the reins from behind me, his arms as if protecting me and causes me to give off an expression of being slightly flustered.

"Obi, do you even have your things packed?" I question, making me raise an eyebrow in curiousity and he chuckles.

"Already attatched too."

Why did I even bother asking.

We finally left, and rode through the night. The journey was about a couple of hours, but I didn't mind.

An hour had passed, our conversations were small of those we had, however we mainly remained in a comforting silence for the duration of the journey. absorbed in the atmosphere of the night.

The moon was now high up in the sky, our only source of light aside from the occasional streetlamp. Obi's cat-like eyes were confirmed to most definitely be real, as he was able to have night vision or something, due to his ability to see everything even if the abyss of the night.

I lock my vision at our hands that are both holding the reins, mine look slightly dull, away from the light and hiding in the shadow of my figure. However, Obi's hands were strangely illuminated by the pale moon and starlight.

I stare at his hands, seeing a a large purple bruise on the top of his left, and scars covering them both. A memory drifts into my mind of when we both first met, and how I would compare our hands. How different they looked, but now so alike.

"Did it hurt?" I murmur soflty the question and move my hand to gesture to the his hand as he shifts his gaze from ahead to where I was looking; his hand.

"Nah, not really."

"It was from when you jumped down from the tree, wasn't it?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Yep." Looking at him from the corner of my eye, he's smiling warmly. "You really can read me like a book, can't you Yui? You know everything about me, and can even tell well I'm hiding somethi-"