Chapter 18 - Akiya's Necklace

"Wait, let me get this straight." I looked at Izana with a tea cup in my hand. "I have to spend a week with that stupid cat in that stupid Kingdom?"

"You heard me correctly, now your departure is in two hours, don't you think you should be getting ready?" Izana inquired and I set the teacup gently back into my tray.

"I'll have you know I have already, straight after you told me." I growled and he laughed.

"Desperate to see your dad now?" He teased and I shot him a look of disgust.

"Don't even go there. The only reason why I'm going it because you ordered me to." I looked down at my lap. "And my mother.."

I turned my gaze back up to the man that I used to treat as if my older brother. It was hard to think of those days.

"Sorry, it was rude of me to bring your parents up." He apologised which genuinly surprised me.

"It's fine, I just wish I could have been told my someone yesterday that Obi would be the one accompanying me." I chucked and stood up. "Well, I'm just going to make sure that everything is pa-"

"I thought I should let you know that you're father has also got you a ball gown to wear at the ball." Father's taste has always been the worst, I sure hope that it's not too bad..

"Will you and Zen be attending the ball?" Izana nodded and I scoffed. "Isn't that a bit doltish of you? Considering you are trying to keep a secret from him."

"The boy will find out eventually." He repeated what he had said a couple of days ago.

"We can't keep hiding it from him, if he doesn't find out during the ball, I will tell him myself." I walked through the door that opened up to his balcony. "Yui, wait a second-" He got up and ran after me. Swiftly I jumped of the ledge, landing on the branch of a nearby tree.

I exhaled hearing the sound of his voice calling my name, the sound of the air being pushed about around me was to loud to ignore.

In a split second, I reached to grab my swords, but they weren't there since I wasn't wearing my assassin clothing.

The last couple of seconds were wasted, feeling a armwrap around my waist and a hand covering my mouth. The leaves around me began to fall, making it harder for me to see.

I moved my leg to kick whoever this person was, but they were all to strong. "You may be better in every other assassin skill, but I beat you with strength, Yui."

They let go of me, and I coughed to get my breath back. Once my breathing had returned to normal after a few more moments, I spun around to see Hideki smiling at me and I tried to refrain myself from kicking him. "Don't do that again, you rat. I really hate you, pig."

He placed his right hand on his heart, using his left to wipe a fake tear from his eye. "A pig? A rat? How highly do you think of me? How offensive, how can I even think of being your friend anymore?"

I rolled my eyes and muttered in a monotonic voice. "We never were from the start, don't even think of creepy things like me being friends with someone like you." The corners of my lips tugged upwards as he let out another fake cry.

I laughed and jumped off the tree, landing firmly on my feet. Hideki jumped off after me and we began to take a stroll back to the castle.

"Hey, I heard Obi is coming with you on your trip. Is that true?" he asked and I nodded in reply, gazing briefly at our surrioundings. "Oh, right."

"I didn't really get a choice in the matter." I explained honestly. "Not like I mind going with Obi, I mean he's definitely someone I would want to go with, I do wish that you could come too."