Chapter 8

**Dan's POV***

"Damn, I forgot sleepwear," Phil said under his breath, checking his phohne.

"You wanna borrow some of mine?" I offered.

"Sure," he quickly gave in. I searched my drawers and tossed his some pyjama pants and a sweater. I really didn't feel like taking his off, and my room gets pretty cold at night.

"There's a bathroom right there," i said gesturing to the restroom. Phil thanked me then headed towards it.

He's really cute. Idk how I fell for him so quickly, but I did.

When Phil was changing, I changed my pants and whilst I was switching shirts Phil came out of the bathroom. He saw me shirtless. I honestly hated my body, and now that my crush is seeing it I felt even worse. I quickly slid my shirt over my head and then put Phil's sweater back on.

"You can have your bed, I'll take the floor," Phil offered.

"No, you're the guest so I'll sleep on the floor," I argued. We continued to argue about who slept on the floor til we both went fuck it and decided to sleep in the same bed.

We crawled inside and I let Phil have his distance. Eventually we both drifted off to sleep.

~
**Phil's POV**

Useless.
Shit.
Worthless.
Pointless.
Waste.
He kicked me harder in the side each time. I moaned in pain as my father kicked my ribs in his heavy work boots. He kicked harder, and that was when u heard two ribs snap. Tears leaked down my face.

Baby.
Pussy.
Trash.
Cunt.
Waste of oxygen.

He punched me 5 times in the face. I could hear faint yelling in the distance, calling my name. I tried to get up and run, but I could only crawl. My father chased me. The voice became louder and louder.. but I never got the voice. I got caught. This was the end....

"PHIL!" Dan spoke loudly, not enough to wake his parents up.

I panted, covered in cold sweat, and shaking. Tears stung my eyes and Dan immediately wiped them away.

"What's the matter?" Dan asked worried, grabbing my hand under the blankets.

"Just a bad dream," I said, re-wiping my eyes with my free hand.

"About?"

"My dad..."

"Don't worry Phil. You're safe with me, I'll protect you," he finished wrapping his arms around me in a safe embrace. I instantly melted into his hug and felt safe, falling asleep in Dan's arms.

-

Dan's alarm beeped loudly. I was still in his arms, feeling safe and happy. Until I remembered what the alarm was for.

"Ugh school," I said starting to get up. Dan quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me back into his arms.

"5 more minutes," he moaned into my neck in his cute morning voice.

"Dan it's 7 am, school starts in an hour," I reminded him.

"I don't wanna go," he muffled, holding me tighter. He was so cute.

"If you get up we can get coffee before school starts," I tried to convince him. Dan moaned.

"Ughhhh fine, under one circumstance," he said cheekily.

"Which is?" I smirked.

"Kiss Meh," Dan spoke dramatically. I laughed at him and placed a small kiss on his lips. 

"One more?" Dan begged with a whiny voice.

"If you get up," I bribed him. Dan immediately sprang up and ran to his bathroom, turning on his straighteners. I smiled, sliding my legs off his bed and pulling on my clothes. As I searched the room for my shirt, without a shirt, Dan walked in and hugged me.

"You're beautiful," he said kissing my shoulder where I had a huge bruise from my dad. My whole body was covered in scrapes, scars, and bruises from my dad and Naya and her fuck faces.

"Or should I say.... Beauti-Phil!" Dan said cheekily again, trying his hardest not to laugh.

"Dan that was terrible!" I laughed. Dan laughed even harder at his stupid pun. After he stopped he began to trace the bruises and scrapes with his fingers. He looked me back in the eyes, and his straightener beeped.

"Oops, time to straighten my hair," Dan skipped off and pulled my shirt out from his sweater pocket and threw it to me. Sneaky twat.

I smiled and pulled my shirt on, and gathered my school supplies. After I finished I grabbed Dans sweater and pulled it on. It was so comfortable, and smelled like Dan. I never wanted to take it off.

After a while, Dan exited his bathroom with a sad face.

"My straightener broke," he whined. Half of his hair was straight, and the other half was his cute and messy. He's such a dork. I giggled and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around him.
"You look fine bear."

We got in Dan's truck and drove back to Starbucks and bought a coffee. We sat and made small talk for a bit, then Dan drove us back to school. On the way I noticed he was sneezing quite a bit, and a few coughs slipped in.

"Are you getting sick?" I asked him.

"No I'm fine, really," he said pulling into the parking lot.

"Are you sure?" I asked worried.

"Yes, my lion."