Chapter 6

We pulled up in front of the school, 20 minutes late.

"Fuck, I'm sorry I made you late," Dan spoke turning off the ignition.

"No its okay, it was nice," I said with a smile.

We hopped out of the truck and quickly headed to class.

Dan and I took our seats in the back of the room and apologized for being late. I then pulled out my sketchbook and started drawing random sketches.

Dan did the same, and his drawings are very good. There were some Manga drawings and a few other random things.

Even though class wasn't very long since we were late, it still felt like an hour. I noticed Dan almost fall asleep, and I tapped his knee everytime he dozed off, he did the same for me.

First class was over. Dan's next class wasn't far from mine, so he walked me to my next subject.

The day went by pretty slow, as per usual. At lunch Dan and I sat alone, but we appreciated eachothers presence. He was always comforting to be around, and I always felt safe with him.

The bell  rang again, and I started to head to my next class. Dan's was in the opposite direction, so we split our ways, and I felt unsafe again.

I continued walking nervously down the hallway when Naya and her boyfriend showed up.

"Oh look, I spy a lonely faggot. Did the new kid get bored of you already? New record!" Naya said snobishy.

"No one fucking cares about you, get used to it. You'll be a single faggot forever and live on the streets in a box, and hopefully kill yourself," her boyfriend Avery  snapped.

"No one loves you."

"Worthless."

"Useless."

"Faggot."

Tears slipped down my cheeks.

A hand grabbed my shoulder and turned me to them. It was Dan.
He immediately pulled me in for a kiss, kissing me gently. I immediately kissed back, forgetting the world around me.

He gently placed a hand on my cheek and pulled away, turning to see Naya and her boyfriend shocked. Dan grasped my hand.

"I care," he snapped, then pushed past them and leading me to my class.

Once we were in front of the door, he simply looked me in the eye.

"Why... why did you do that?" I stuttered.

"Because I care," he answered, "and ever since I first met you I've wanted to."

I blushed red.

"I didn't know you felt the same way as me," I spoke in shock.

"Who wouldn't like someone as beautiful as you?"

"Everyone, I'm ugly," I responded.

"Phil..." he started, you're the most beautiful thing alive. I honestly mean it."

I blushed even darker and pecked Dan on the lips.

"I'll see you after class," he smiled. I waved and headed into the room.

-

School had finally ended, thank God.  I was actually pretty excited as I was getting to hang out with Dan after school. I exited my classroom and headed to my locker, where Dan was waiting for me. He offered a smile, and I returned it.

"Hey Phil," Dan said pulling me into a big hug.

"Hey bear," I said smiling into his chest.

I pulled out and opened my locker, grabbing my bag and homework.

As we walked out of the school, I started to feel kind of nervous. Idk why, but I was.

"D-Dan," I stuttered.

"Yes?" Dan answered worried.

There was a short silence.

"...Can I hold your hand?" I asked shyly, blushing hard. I tried to hide it, but Dan noticed, and he smiled big.

"You're cute," he said, intertwining his fingers with mine. I blushed harder.

As soon as we got in a truck, we sat in silence for a minute.

"Phil..." Dan spoke quietly.

"Yeah?" I answered worried.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry bear?" Dan's eyes filled with tears.

"Because... I should've asked before I kissed you. I know you don't like me  back and I probably embarrassed you and made you uncomfortable and we only met and..."

I put my hand on his face and kissed his lips gently. When I pulled away, there were tears on Dan's cheeks and i wiped them away. He took my hand again in his.

"But Dan I do.... I know we only met and it takes me awhile to gain people's trust but I really do like you," I responded staring into his dark eyes.

"You.... you do?" Dan stuttered.

"Yeah. But I still need trust. I've always kinda had trust issues with people. I hope you understand," I said embarrassed, looking down.

"No, I understand. And until then, I won't leave you," Dan said stroking his thumb over the back of my hand, "and one day I want to be the one who makes you happy."

Dan started his engine and I pecked his cheek, and he held my hand all the way to his house.