Chapter 7

When we made it to Dan's house, he lead me inside. The house smelt of amazing food, and his house was pretty big, well compared to mine.

"Hey Danny!" Dan's mum said cheerfully.

"Hey mum," he replied leading me to the kitchen. In the kitchen there were two women; one had short blonde hair, she was cooking the dinner, and the other one had long brown hair.

"Who's your friend?" The brunette asked.

"This is my new friend, Phil," he started, "Phil I want you to meet my mums, Staci and Monica."

"Pleasure to meet you Phil!" The brunette, Monica, spoke shaking my hand.

"It's nice to meet you guys too," I responded quietly with a smile.

"Is it okay if Phil stays over tonight?" Dan asked.

"Yes, just make sure that you do a load of laundry before you go to bed," Staci reminded him. Dan turned and secretly grabbed my hand, and lead me down stairs, where his room was.

His room was the whole basement, and I'm guessing his mums room was upstairs.

"So.. uh.. this is my room," Dan said awkwardly.

"It's cute," I responded looking around. His room included a few posters, a desk, a TV, a laptop, a gaming console, and a few other things. It honestly was more than I've ever had in my life.

Dan went and gathered up his laundry and put it in a basket.

"I'll do that later." I walked over to his double bed and sat on it.

"Do you wanna play my Xbox?" He asked.

"Sure!" I cheered. I got myself comfortable on his bed whilst Dan put a disc in his Xbox.

He came and joined me on the bed, and handed me a white controller. We ended up playing Halo for an hour, then we decided to do homework. As much as we didn't want to, we ended up doing it anyways.

As soon as we started, we were called downstairs for supper. We raced downstairs to the table, and dished ourselves up. I usually didn't eat lots, but I decided to eat a bit more today to show appreciation.

We ate and had small talk and I got to know Dan's mums better, and they got to know me better too. They are pretty amazing, and they're very nice people. It made me sad knowing that my parents are the complete opposite.

After supper, Dan decided to take me for a walk. We walked down to this really nice river and sat under a tree by it. It was starting to get dark, and I noticed Dan starting to shiver. Without even think it, I pulled my sweater off and put it on Dan. He looked cute in it.

**Dan's POV**

I smiled as Phil slipped his sweater over my head and on to my body. It was warm, and smelled like Phil. I smiled and looked down, but something caught my eye.

I immediately looked back up to Phil's arms. They were covered in fresh cuts. Phil noticed that I noticed, and immediately tried to hide it. He looked worried, and he must've forgot about them.

I grabbed Phil's arm and brought it in front of my face. I stared. They were definitely new, not older than a few days. I looked up at Phil. His face was filled with fear.

"Phil.." I started, tears filled my eyes and ran down my cheeks, "Why?"

"I..." he started, tears filling his eyes. He broke out into sobs. I pulled him into a hug and silently cried into his neck.

"Phil why," I sobbed, rethinking the image of the deep cuts. I cried harder.

"It's hard to explain," Phil sniffed pulling away.

"It's sure I can keep up."

"Well.... I feel l-ike you d-dont c-care about m-me and y-you only feel b-bad f-for me and you are g-gunna leave me once th-this project is o-over," He sobbed. Tears filled my eyes again.

"Phil, listen to me," I said staring him in the eyes. He stared back.

"I'm never gunna leave you. I promise Phil. I only met you and I already know I never want to lose you. I... Phil I love you."

He looked shocked. Tears filled his eyes and he pounced on me, knocking me back and wrapping his arms around me, and I held him.

"I love you too," he said into my sweater. I moved his face to mine and kissed his lips passionately, and held him tighter.