Chapter 1

*Phil's POV*
I awoke once again on my bed from the bright sun leaking through the window. It was another painful day of school. I glanced around my room which only had a bed, desk, and a few posters.

I dragged myself out of my room quietly and snuck into the bathroom to avoid contact with my father.

I stripped down and got in the shower, brushed my teeth, then did my hair. Just I was about to put my contacts in, I remembered I had no absolutely no one to look good for. I rolled my eyes and slipped in my contacts anyways.

I threw on a blue hoodie as it was raining outside and black skinny jeans, which we all know are my favorite. Quietly, I snuck back to my room. I heard my mom and dad arguing their usual morning argument and didn't want them to hear me.

I packed up my school bag and skipped breakfast as I always did, I usually didn't eat more than one meal a day.

My room was on the top floor, and my parents room was on the main floor as well as everything out in the house. I try to avoid getting beaten every day, therefore I sneak through my window and climb down the tree in front of it.

It looks like a very complicated tree to climb, but after climbing it every day for the past 4 years It starts to get easier.

It was about 6:30, and school started at 8:00. I didn't live too far away from school, but it takes an hour or sometimes longer to get there.

When I got to school, the usual asshole Naya was there. She was popular, every girl wanted to be her, every guy wanted to date her, which I never understood cause she's nothing but a fake bitch.

That was except for me, because I'm gay. To say the least, no one supported me. My parents abuse me every evening, Naya picks on me every day, and I've known her since grade 5. She's called me faggot everyday like it's my first name.

Mind you, I can't remember the last time someone called me Phil. My mom does when she talks to me which is never, but everyone else calls me faggot. I've gotten used to it, to the point where I actually respond to it.

Naya sassily walked up to me with her 3rd boyfriend this year, who's she's dated for 6 months; her longest relationship yet. The thing is, her boyfriends treat her like their princess, therefore they constantly gang up on me. And since idk what to do, I just take it.

"Faggot, where ya going?" Her current boyfriend Avery asked. I ignored him, which ended up being a huge mistake.

"Hey! I'm talking to you fuck face!" He yelled at me, grabbing the hood on my sweater. He made me face him, then punched me across the face, then kneed me in the stomach, which knocked the wind out of me causing me to fall to the ground. I winced as he kicked me hard in the side where my dad had kicked me last night.

He bent over next to my face, his breath smelling like cigarettes.

"Do us a favor, and fucking kill yourself." He kicked me again in the side and walked toward Naya and his friends. She smirked at me, and they walked off.

"Hey, are you alright?" An unfamiliar voice said. I used every muscle in my body to open my eyes and saw a gorgeous unfamiliar face. He had beautiful brown eyes and a dark brown fringe. He was nicely tanned, tall, and very attractive. I was speechless.

"I.... no... I'm okay,"I stuttered, not taking my eyes off him. He offered his hand and pulled me up. My ribs ached.

"Thanks," I said quietly.

"Anytime. I was just passing by and I saw you laying there. Those kids that walked by didn't look so good," he replied.

"I thought I was the only one," I said, he smiled. The bell rang which cued that is was time for hell to begin.

"I guess I'll see you around," he said.

"Yeah, see you."