"Are you insane?" Vladimir accuses. He may be young, but he does care about history.

A wide grin forms on my face. "Yes."
Valentine remains still and looks at me as if he's seen a ghost. This is the first time I've seen him so calm, especially with me breaking into Scarlett's belongings.

"Ever seen history repeat itself, Vlad?" I tease, while pulling out different objects and belongings.

"That is not what needs to be asked here. Saphira, what are you planning with those?" He turns to me in shock, trying to figure out what I'm going to do with these precious things.

I shrug. Honestly, it will dawn when I see it. It may take some time, but it is better than waiting for nothing. "Do me a favor, will you?" I nod towards the heap of glass.

Vladimir sighs with slight aggravation. For a moment, he looks to be abandoning my exploits and giving a command to return the items, but he shakes his head and proceeds. "You owe me," he retorts with a mischievous grin. I smirk and glance over at Valentine who looks go be struck and unmoving.

The guilt and reluctance for Scarlett's past eats my thoughts like acid. A burning feeling crawls through my skin, ready to burst, and I don't know if it's jealousy or pity. He still loves her, I presume. Still cannot let her go. Should I even impose? If there is anyone best to tell me about Datura and her tactics, it would be Scarlett.

As I arrange the table for our research, I feel a warm hand on my arm. "Are you sure about this? There's no turning back."

I turn my head upwards and our gazes collide. Valentine's deep blue irises are saying something - a secret that longs to be said. What is he so apprehensive about? "Are you?"

His steel gaze does not falter and he gives me a small but sincere nod of approval. He has just given me permission to enter the darkest part of his life. Could I have let him do that with me?

There has to be something here, I say to myself. Small trinkets lay haphazardly on the surface, some don't seem valuable but can give us a good start. I trace my fingers around a small jewelry box and a thick journal with a lock. Evidently, Scarlett did not and does not want her secrets revealed. Datura's belongings, on the other hand, reveal more than she probably intended, like the half empty vial filled with ominous dark liquid, fitted on a gold necklace.

I lift and twist it between my fingers and eye carefully, thinking I would suddenly learn the story behind it. Without thinking, I twist the cap to open it but it does not budge. Valentine notices my actions and leans over the table, taking the necklace in his hands. I frown. What shall we do if it can't be opened? I could hear a frustrated but understanding growl coming from the base of his chest.

"Do you know what this is?" I press. We both know that we need to solve everything, there is not enough time and patience in the world to prolong anything and run around large bushes.

"Not exactly," he frowns and pulls out his mobile phone. "But I do know someone who might."

I wait, patiently, which is something I have been lacking since this all started. He fiddles with the device for a few seconds and then he looks up at me. "Help is on it's way."

"Who is it?"

He smirks. "I've asked Ari to accompany us, she'll come as soon as she can. Most likely at dusk."

I grumble lowly, but not low enough for Valentine to excuse it. He knows, quite clearly, that I am not very fond of waiting for mysteries to be unfolded.

"Patience is a virtue, sweetheart," he casually says and stands to invite me to do the same. The sun has most likely dawned us with a new day. I shake my head to protest, not wanting to leave this spot until I have received my answers. "Come, let's turn in for the day. You'll need your strength for tomorrow."