The Start of Insanity

Golden light entered through the stained glass windows of the Judgement hall, illuminating the already golden hallway. The hallway's usual peaceful silence was strangely unnerving today; The air was thick with dust particles, and an eerie feeling set in like a fog that wouldn't go away. Nothing stirred, no birds sung, and a sense of dread seemed to hang in the air. The silence was soon broken by the sound of footsteps rapidly approaching the corridor.

Sans braced himself, knowing full well what to expect of the child that would soon appear in front of him. This wasn't the first time the kid had did a genocide route. In fact, now that Sans thought about it, the kid's last few routes had all been genocide. Killing everything, then resetting, again and again. It was an endless cycle for the skeleton. Sans had been forced to watch his friends die again and again, forced to feel the slash of a knife against his chest countless times, felt his own breathing get labored as he bled out again and again, everytime at the hands of the same child, Frisk.

Adjusting the scarf around his neck, Sans looked up as said human approached, and grinned. "Heya...you've been busy, huh?"

No response. Sans grinned wider as he saw the dust that coated the child's hands, along with the shimmering blade of the knife that he had grown accustomed to. 'Save, load, reset, over and over again, forced to live through an endless loop, and all because of a child with the ability to play God.' The skeleton thought to himself, still grinning. I'm sick of it. He grit his teeth, tired of all the same old things. Tired of reliving the same day. "Kiddo, let me ask you something.." Frisk rolled their eyes, obviously expecting the 'Wanna have a bad time?' question that they had heard countless times before.

Sans' question surprised them, to say the least. "When will you get bored of doing this..?" Frisk hesitated, before answering. "That's the thing, I'll never get bored of doing this. Why do you ask?" Sans grit his teeth again, feeling himself get a bit angry. "Because, it's the same routine day after day, scripted as if were some endless book! A never ending cycle of murder and I'm fucking sick of it!!!" Sans snapped, angrily. Now it was Frisk's turn to grin. "So, I finally broke you, eh comedian? Certainly took ya long enough...but I knew if I repeated this enough times, I'd finally get through to you"

To Frisk's surprise, Sans just laughed in response. It wasn't a normal laugh though, there was something oddly..dark and demented about it.

"Heh, k-kiddo...you know, I need to thank you..."

Frisk frowned, and tightened their grip on the real knife, a slightly confused expression on their face as they watched the skeleton laugh. "Thank me, for what?" They were truly confused now. Why was Sans laughing so hard? Was it because he knew that Frisk was just going to kill him again? Was it a forced, scared laughter....or something else? "All these genocide routes you've done, I could never figure out a way to beat you for good. You've always killed me in the end but now..." Sans paused in his monologue to chuckle. "Now I finally realized how to beat you for good.."

"That's ridiculous!" Frisk snapped, interrupting him. "You're a monster with low HP and LV! There's no hope that you can beat me, I'll just kill you eventually and you know it!" Sans stared at the human in front of him, pupils void of any sign of life as he spoke. "But what if my stats were higher?"

"The only way to get high stats is to increase your LV, and the only way to do THAT, is by killing other monsters!"

"Exactly kid, I'll raise my stats and beat you for good, what does it matter if a few monsters die in the process? They'll just be back the next time you reset anyways.."

Frisk was silent for a few seconds, stunned at the skeleton's words. "You're bluffing..."

Sans put his hands in his pockets, and sighed. This was the longest procrastination of a fight ever, in his opinion. "I'm not bluffing kiddo, I'll prove it to you." He smiled as he saw Frisk run at him, and swing the knife. "Finally got tired of procrastinating, eh?" He said with a chuckle, not bothering to dodge. There was no point anyways. "Welp, I'm going to Grillby's..." Sans said, pausing to put a hand across the wound he just gained, his breathing uneven, as usual.

Frisk rolled their eyes at him, as they had heard that line many times over now. They didn't even wait for him to turn to dust this time, tightening the grip on the knife, Frisk headed towards the throne room, while Sans succumbed to the slash wound across his chest..
----------------
Suddenly, everything went black...

Sans woke up in his bed, to the sound of Papyrus's shouting. "SANS! ARE YOU SLEEPING IN AGAIN!? GET UP, YOU LAZY BONES! WE HAVE TO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR HUMANS!!!" With a sigh, Sans got up. He knew just how this day would go. In two hours, Frisk would be here, a knife in their hand and dust covering their clothes. They would start to slaughter monsters left and right, and when they finally reached Papyrus, they would....Sans shook his head to clear it of the thought. He had a course of action. Sans knew what he had to do.

Taking a deep breath, Sans walked to the front door, his mind still on the plan. "I'm going for a walk, Pap. I'll be back later.." He left without waiting for his brother's response. 'If I'm going to gain LV, I guess I'll start in the ruins first..' Sans thought to himself, and with a sigh, he teleported to the ruins...

End Chapter 1.