Safe and Sound

July 29th, 2019

The Croaton virus has basically taken over. People everywhere were infected. Children, Males, Females, Pets even, it was insanity. Sam, Dean, Cas, and Bobby were all staying in the bunker. Each of them taking shifts of staying awake as well as going out to hunt or collect supplies. They lost Ellen and Jo when Jo got infected. Ellen spent weeks trying to save her, but eventually she was bitten and they had to hunt them off. They all pretend it doesn't hurt, to lose their friends. They're all 'numb to it' as they say. None of them believe it, I don't even know why they try. 

Dean and Cas ran into the bunker, slamming the entrance shut. 

"SAM! BOBBY!" Dean screamed as he helped wounded Cas over to a makeshift bed. 

"Shh, lie down buddy, it's gonna be alright. We're gonna patch you up, make you all better? Yeah, that sound good? Stay with me bud, keep your eyes open. Come on" Dean rambled on, staring down at Cas. 

"CAS GET OVER HERE!" Dean screamed, running away from a swarm of zombie-like creatures. He didn't bother looking back, he didn't have time. 

"DEAN" Cas screached as he dropped his gun, falling onto the rough gravel. Dean turned his head to see that Cas had fallen back. 

"CAS YOU IDIOT COME ON THEY'RE RIGHT BEHIND YOU" He called but he didn't get an answer, only a look of pure fear and agony. He didn't hesitate as he ran towards the pack. cas was there, and that's what mattered. He shot one of them straight in the head as it tried to grab at Cas, but more just kept coming. He panicked and shot more, unaware of what to do. 

"I CAN'T HOLD THEM ALL BACK, GET UP AND RUN!" He yelled, not looking at him. He shot more in the distance before hearing a scream from beside him. 

"NO!"

"SAM COME ON!" Dean stared at Cas, tears pricking his eyes. Footsteps rang through the bunker as Sam and Bobby came out. 

"C-Cas is hurt" He chocked out, pushing Cas' hair out of his face. 

"Is he infected?" Bobby chimed in. 

"I DON'T KNOW OKAY, JUST GET SOME ALCOHOL AND BANDAGES PLEASE" He shouted, taking a deep breath. Cas closed his eyes, his breath heavy. Sam ran off to get the supplies.

"No no, come on wake up, we're not letting you die. Come on Cas." He shook him, Cas opening his eyes with a weak smile. 

"D...dean" He swallowed heavily. 

"Shhh, quiet bud" Bobby smiled poorly as Sam ran back in, handing the stuff to Dean. He picked up the alcohol first, dabbing it onto a towel and applying it to Cas' wounds, flinching each time Cas winced. He then picked up some bandages and wrapped them tightly around the bad ones before crawling onto the bed with Cas. 

"I'm gonna..." He looked over as tears rolled down Cas' face, watching him bite back his cry's. "Watch him until he gets a bit better" Dean forced a smile. Bobby and Sam nodded, walking to another part of the bunker, either to sleep, eat, or cry. That's all everyone did these days. 

Dean turned to Cas and pulled him into his chest softly. 

"Okay Cas, it's gonna be okay. We're gonna get you all better, we're gonna cure the virus, we're gonna start a whole new world and then get back to ganking all those nasty monsters" He chuckled as Cas cried softly into Deans shirt. "We're gonna have so much fun when this is over, I'll take you to a beach, we can start staying in crappy motels again, eating some good burgers, I'll let you drive shotgun in the impala again!" He laughed as tears ran down his cheeks.