If I was in my right mind

A stinging pain erupted on my right cheek. "P-Puddin'...Why...?" I whispered. Hot tears streamed down my face, bringing my black eye liner and mascara with it. "I'm sorry." I sobbed. I ran to my room and sat on my bed. I put my head in my hands and cried. I thought those days were over.

He hasn't hit me since I first became Harley. And now... This.

I take a deep breath and walk to the bathroom. A red hand mark is making a presence on my cheek. What did I do? Is he just really stressed?

A knock come to my door. Hesitantly, I walk over to the door. "W-who is it?" I stutter. "Harley? Baby, it's me." It was Joker. I hugged myself and nervously walked to the door.

Hesitantly, I slowly open the door. I open it enough so he only sees my head. "Y-yes Mistah J?" I weakly whispered. Deep in his eyes m i could see he was hurt. "Harley," he mumbled. "Pumpkin, I'm so sorry." I opened the door enough to let him in. "I didn't mean too, I'm so sorry." Tears still streamed down my face. I sniffled and looked at the wooden floor.

He took two steps closer to me. One more step and the gap between us would be closed. "Baby," he hooked his finger under my chin. "Look at me, please. Let me see your pretty eyes." I lifted my head. I took in a shakey breath. He moved his hand to cup my right cheek, gently.

I looked into his clear blue eyes. Unintentionally, I hiccuped. In one swift, gentle, movement, I was against his toned chest. He hugged me softly, but firmly. Like a porcelain doll that a child wouldn't dare let go of. "I love you Harls." I nestled deeper in his chest, and wrapped my arms around his waist. "I love you too, Puddin'."

He was just stressed. "I was just stressed. I swear I'd never hit you if I was in my right mind." I giggled. "Neither of us are in our right minds." He chuckled and kissed me passionately.

He's still my Mistah J.