I Spun the Bottle: Chapter Thirteen- Part Two

Song for this chapter: “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol

               “Hold this, this, this, this, and this.” Taylor ordered, throwing all different types of clothing attire at me.

               I barely managed to catch each one as they began pummeling me. On an optimistic note, it was at least better than something hard—like shoes. I glanced at Jace who was two aisles down from us with Stacy, noticing that he was in a similar predicament.

               Jace caught me staring at him, and wrinkled his nose. I silently laughed, it must be worse for him than me. Guys didn’t like shopping, or at least from the way Landon acts when he goes to the mall, they don’t. Jace’s attention snapped back to the unnaturally skinny, teen girl in front of him when Stacy scolded him for dropping one of her dresses.

               I laughed sympathetically at him, and continued following Taylor down the aisle. She scanned the rack, picking out which ones she liked and which ones she didn’t. I began noticing a trend in her outfit choices. They either had to be really short, or showing some type of skin.

               “Take this one too.” Taylor tossed another one at me.

               As I caught it, I noticed that that black blouse she threw at me had a gaping hole about three inches in radius where the belly button should have been.

               “Er, Taylor. I think there’s a hole in this one.” I pointed out, speaking my mind.

               She lowered her icy blue eyes down to the clothing she previously threw at me, and laughed in her irritating high-pitched voice. “There’s supposed to be one there. It’s the latest trend right now…” She looked my outfit up and down, which was a thick, grey sweatshirt and a pair of faded jeans, “not like you know what a fashion trend is.”

               I guess I should have been offended by her insult, but I shrugged indifferently. It was better being nice and comfortable in my own clothes then wearing something that had a huge hole in it. I grabbed the price tag between my fingers, my eyes nearly bulging out as I confirmed the price of the provocative blouse. I could definitely buy three sweatshirts with the price of this thing!

               The clothes suddenly felt heavier in my hands. I could be holding thousands of dollars in my hands.

               “Yuck, what kind of color is this?” Taylor frowned, pushing the hanger to the side and continuing to next rack.

               We had been shopping for about twenty some minutes now, but it felt as if I’ve been here for over three hours. I prayed that they’d finish soon.

               As Taylor finished up the last rack, she moved down the next row of clothes. I began following her, but as I took three steps, I felt my braced foot catch in one of the dresses Taylor threw at me. I tried pulling my foot out of the mess. As I pulled, I lost my balance just as I got it out.

               “Ooph!” I groaned as my butt met the hard, carpeted floor. My body was now bombarded with the clothes I had been carrying. Brushing off all the clothing off of me, I noticed the damage I’d done.

               There was a pile of brand new, very expensive clothes surrounding me within a two feet radius. Shooting up from the floor, I began hastily picking up all the clothes.  Once I had all of them in my hands, I looked around to see if anyone caught me being such a klutz.