Chapter 6

*Gregory's P.O.V.*

He didn't look up from where he was looking at on the ground. "How?"

"Because, I know on the outside you might be a cold, brave, mercenary, but you have a side no one has seen before. You have a side that is in need of help, and as much as you think that hiding your second face is less scary, it is you hiding it that is."

I looked at him, and he was slightly looking up at me. His normal emotionless, grey-green eyes had changed. They were now a bright green that were glazed over with tears.

He slid down the wall and barried his face in his knees. I got up and walked over to him, then wraped my arms around him. This was quite risky considering he wacks anyone with his shovel that does. But instead of being aggressive, he just took it. I felt a pair of arms lightly wrape around me, and his head leaning on my shoulder.

"Promeese 'ou weell alzays be 'ere?"

"I promise."

We ended up staying like that for a while, with him crying into my shoulder. He finally pulled away and wiped his tears.

"Don't zay anyzeeng een zhool about thees, okay?"

"Okay" I looked out my window. It was dusk out. "Do you want something to eat?"

"Zure.." his voice was very quiet.
I got up and he followed me into the kitchen.

"So, what would you like?"

"Uh, anyzeeng ees feene."

      I got out some leftover steak and started to heat it up. I looked back at Christophe, he was sitting on one of the chairs. I walked over to him.

"You still seem very upset,"

He let out a sigh. "Ee am, eet ees juzt ee can't go back an' undo zat happeened."

"Well, what happened?" I spoke lightly, trying not to pressure him into answers.

His face held a guilty look on his face. "Ee am zorree, but ee cant zay anyzeeng."

"It's okay if you dont feel comfortable."

        I got up and got the steak out of the microwave, put it on a plate and set it on the table.

"How much would you like?"

"Just geeve me 'alf, ee need to do somzeeng."

I gave a curious look to him. "Like what?"

"Follow"

      He grabbed his half and walked out the front door. I followed him as to see what he was going to do. He went close to the street, and bent down a little.
"Keeree" "Luzee" he did it in one of those voices that you speak to dogs and cats in. "Keeree, Luzee come here."

     Soon out from under a car, a cat and a kitten came out and went up to Chris. The cat had matty, brown fur that had part of an ear cut off. The kitten was starved to bone, and had patches of fur missing. He took out the steak and started feeding them. Within no time, the steak was gone. The cats were on his lap as he lightly petted them.

"Zeese cats are ztrays," he explained. "Ee come out and feed zem mozt of my food everyday. Zat ees zy ee am uzuallee starveeng." He took a small pause. "Ee zant to take zem 'ome and geeve zem a neece plaz to leeve, but quite zranklee ee don't leeve een a neece plaze."