Chapter 8

*Gregory's P.O.V.*

       I was waiting for my chicken to heat up, so I got out a plate. But it shattered to the ground when I heard a sudden scream. Footsteps were pounding down the stairs, and then Christophe came into view and hugged me.

"Chris what happened?"

"Ee keep 'aveeng neeghtmarez about eet!" He sobbed.

"Well, what happened in your dream?"

"Zhe weell keell me eef ee tell anyzone!"

"Who is 'she'?"

He stayed silent for a moment. "My mom"

"Your mom? Why would she kill you?"

      He didn't respond, instead he just held onto me tighter.

"What is going on at home?"

"A-abu-"

"ABUSE?! Why didn't you tell me?" All the worry inside of me changed to anger.

"Ee deedn't zant 'ou to worree."

      I let go of him and picked up my home phone.

"Zhat are 'ou doeeng?"

"Calling child protective services."

"ZAT! Non! Zat weell make eet zorze!" He grabbed my arm and tried to get the phone from me.

"Do you want to be beat again?"

"Non"

"Then let me call"

      He reluctantly let go and sat down. I dailed in the number and waited for them to answer.

      After I got off I got off the phone, we waited for the police  to arrive, to lead them to the correct house. I looked at Chris. He seemed to be super uneasy.

"I'm sorry, but something had to be done. I know it is hard to tell someone about abuse, not to mention speak up about it, but you can't just run from it forever."

"Ee'm zorree 'or not telleeng 'ou zooner. Ee know 'ou juzt zanted to 'elp."

      I heard a knock on the door and went over. It was the cops, witch was good, I could tell Chris wanted his mom arrested.

"So where is the house of the parents?" They spoke.

"One second please" I turned back to Christophe motioning for him to come. "Where does your mom live?" 

"Eight-ten"

"Okay, well let's go, we can not have people out and about like this." They left to go to his house and we follow.

     We arrived at the bright orange house, and the police knocked on the door. Christophe and I were standing back acrossed the street. He had his arms wraped around me, refusing to let go. The woman opened the door and was eminently pished to the ground and got handcuffs on. I heard her scream things like "fuck you" and "Don't, I did nothing" but we all know she was lying.

     She was severely resisting and trying to break out of the polices' grip. She was taken to the cop car that was right near us. Honestly there was another car closer to the house and further away, but okay. She saw Christophe and I think she lost her mind. She was now struggling more and started getting even more aggressive. Before she got shoved into the car, she screamed one thing.

"You will die. Mark my words."