Chapter 27: Welcome to the Family

A/N: SURPRISE UPDATE! I decided you guys well deserved this, so I wrote it in about an hour. We have some new characters introduced! I hope you guys enjoy this, because it's a long one! Love you guys, please continue to read.

OH, and follow @brianaharper90! One of the new characters is named after her! (:

~CasuallyMe

*~! Tiana's POV !~*

After the shooting, I recovered quite nicely. I took about four months off of work, and today was my first day back.

Antonio waltzed back into our room, only a towel separating his body from my eyes. He smiled as my eyes glared at every inch of uncovered muscle.

"Stop looking at me like that," he chuckled.

"Like what?"

"Like you want me," he teased, straddling me. My breath became shallow, and suddenly, it felt like we just had fallen in love again.

"G-go put s-s-some c-clothes on, please. We have work," I fumbled my words. He smirked, leaning to kiss my lips. I moaned when his tongue pushed in my mouth. We weren't able to mess around for the months of recovery which was the hardest thing to do.

"You don't want me to stop, right?" he whispered, slowly taking my shirt off. I bit my lip as his hands found their way around my hips and slid off my panties. He was doing a number on me and my body as he crept under the covers, trailing kisses down my body.

"Antonio," I moaned, and he flicked his tongue into my sex before coming back to my lips.

"We have work, remember?" He chuckled, pecking me before sliding out of bed. I fisted my sheets, upset that he left me like that.

I walked to Aiden and Krystal's room with a huge smile on my face after my morning routine.

"Wake up, guys!" I shouted in the bathroom that connected the two rooms. I heard a few groans before decided I would go to Aiden first because it takes awhile for Krys to wake up.

"Aiden," I softly nudged him. "Son, wake up," I kissed his cheek. He slowly sat up, and wrapped his arms around my neck.

"Good morning mommy," he rocked me.

"Good morning baby. I'm gonna see if I can make breakfast before the twins pick you up, so hurry and get ready!" I smiled, and he released me.

Krys had her hair all over her face, and her mouth open. I chuckled at my daughter and how cute she is. I carefully shook her. Krystal's eyes opened, then clamped shut.

"Mommy, it's too early," she groaned, flipping over.

"No sweetie, you have to get ready for school," I laughed quietly.

"Nuh uh, school is over," she protested. She reminded me of myself when I was in school. All Ant and I wanted to do was go home, because we used to kiss behind a tree when we were about her age. We never wanted to go to school, so sometimes we would run around our houses so our moms couldn't catch us when we were younger.

"Nope, you still have one more month left of school. And then, it's the summer, and you can come to work with me, and visit uncle Warren and Auntie Vanessa," I countered. She sat up, staring at me.

"What's summer? Like, I know it gets hot, but why don't I have to go to school?" She cocked her head.

"Because, in New York, you go to school from September to May, then you get June, July, and August off," I nodded.

"What?! I love New York! Thank you for bringing me here!" She hugged me tight. I laughed, rubbing her back, then kissing her forehead.

"Okay, beautiful, you have to get ready for school! The faster you go, then you can eat breakfast, then school, and before you know it, school will be over," I smiled, pulling her clothes out, and leaving.

The nursery was just down the hall, so I made my way there quickly.

"There's mommy's babies," I cooed, picking up Alexandria, while Antonio had Gabriel.

"Look how big they've gotten babe," Ant shook his head.

"I know... Six months flew by fast didn't it?" I giggled.

"Yeah, it did... What do you wanna do for our one year anniversary," he smirked at me, and we switched babies, plopping a bottle in.

"Uhm, it doesn't matter. As long as I'm with you, we can do whatever," I nodded.

"Whatever?" He repeated. I must've forgotten who I was talking to. Antonio was bound to do anything. And I mean anything.

"Antonio Gabriel Marconi, do not, and I repeat, do not do anything crazy," I whined.

"Baby! I want it to be special," he stalked over to me kissing my lips.

"Okay... I trust you, but please, nothing too expensive," I warned.

"Okay, okay. Geez, you have to be superficial sometimes!" He teased.

"Superficial doesn't look good on me. If you look pretty outside, you need to have a pretty inside," I quoted my mother. She always raised me to be polite, and not to think I'm superior to everyone else. I'm just a normal girl deep down.

"I remember your mom used to say that all the time," Tony looked over to be.

"Yeah, she did... You know what I wanna do?" I asked.

"What?" He replied.

"I want to go see her grave, just spend a little time with her... By myself, if that's okay."

"That's fine, you sure you don't need me to go with you?" He looked concerned.

This is why I married Antonio. He's always looking out for me. Like I told him, we're best friends before anything else, and right now, he was being the usual supportive best friend he's always been.

"No, babe, I'll be alright," I nodded. He looked at me again, as if to say, 'are you positive?' I just nodded again, and kissed Gabriel's cheek.

Everyone was settled at our different surroundings. Now, I was seated at my desk, filing through another plan, sketching different tactics. Antonio was glaring at me from his side of the office, and I was trying my hardest to ignore him.

"Tiana," he called. I turned to face him, and lifted my eyebrow.

"Yes sir?" I answered.

"When are you gonna be released so I can touch you again?" He whined.

"Soon, maybe two weeks. Is somebody having withdraws?" I giggled, straddling his lap.

"Withdraws isn't the word," he shook his head.

"Then what is the word? Desperate," I breathed in his ear, nibbling on it.

"T- get off," he whined. I pressed a kiss to his lips, making his hands fall to my waist.

"Soon," I pecked his lips, and climbed off his lap. I waltzed back to my desk before he grabbed my arm, turning me, and pulling me to his chest.

"Don't do that," he grunted. My breath hitched as he moved my hand to his erection. "And I swear to god, whenever you're cleared, that ass is mine," he gripped it.

"You're so nasty," I smirked.

"You did it!" He countered, heading back to his desk.

After work, Antonio stood at my car, asking me over and over if I was okay to see my mom's grave.

"Baby, are you sure?" He questioned for the millionth time.

"Yes, Ant. I'll be okay," I smiled.

"Ugh, okay. I'm gonna go pick up the kids. What time will you be back?"

"I don't know... I'll call you before though," I nodded. He pushed me against my car, giving me the most passionate kiss, then pulled away.

"Just uhm, just know that I'm here for you, and that I love you. Okay?" He kissed my forehead, then wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into a warm hug.

"Okay, I love you more," I mumbled into his shirt.

Heading to the cemetery, I fought off the tears that threatened to pool. I'm done crying over my mom, she told me not to anymore the last time I visited her. Now, it was time to laugh, and remember the good times, which by far outweigh the bad. She was the best mom on earth, and could make anyone laugh. But now, I have a new mom, and although she can't replace my original, she's teaching me a lot. She's the one who watches my babies, and she makes me laugh too. She's making my dad happy, and she's now a Smithson, like I used to be.

I slowly walked to her grave that I haven't seen in twelve years since she passed. I couldn't face it, and deal with my own inner demons. I saw a figure from a distance, but thought nothing of it as I kept walking.

Upon approaching, I saw the face that I need right now, my father.

"Hi baby girl," he smiled at me. I grinned back, and relaxed in his arms as he rubbed my back.

"I didn't know you come here," I looked up.

"Everyday for twelve years I come here. You know, your mom was my best friend. She still is, still allows me to rant to her, and listen, even if she can't really hear me," he chuckled lowly.

"Is there a problem at home?" I cocked my head. "Daddy, do not mess it up with mom!" I warned.

"No, no, we're fine. It's just, you know she has two children?"

"Yeah, she's mentioned them before," I nodded.

"Well, they're having a little bit of a hard time getting used to their mom being remarried."

"Why? I got over you remarrying," I replied.

"Yeah sweetie, but... I don't know, they like me, they just don't like me with their mother," he sighed.

"Can me and Ant meet them? Maybe they just need to be welcomed into the family. We can make it like a huge gathering. My family, Warren and Vanessa, and Lexi's family. It could be really fun, and maybe they'll see how happy mom is," I nodded.

"Aaaaaand, they don't like that all of you kids refer to her as mom," he said, barely above a whisper.

"Dad, she's our mother now. She helps us with everything, and teaches us a lot. They're just gonna have to grow up," I shook my head.

"You're right- let's do the party thing next weekend," he suggested.

"Cool, my house?"

"But of course," he smiled. "I'm gonna get going, and let you have some alone time," he hugged me tight.

"Thanks. I miss her dad," I admitted.

"We all do baby. But she wasn't meant to be here with us right now. We had our time with her, and now it's God's turn to enjoy her," he chuckled.

"Yeah, you're right. I love you daddy," I huffed into his chest.

"I love you more beautiful. See you later," he waved and walked away, leaving me alone.

*~! Antonio's POV !~*

* next weekend: family day *

Tiana told me that mom's side of the family was coming today, and we were prepared. Her son was 27, about two months older than me, with one daughter, and married. Her daughter was around 19, no children. I was excited to meet them. You would think they would've showed up to the wedding, but they didn't. It hurt to see mom so happy, but still unhappy because her own children didn't show.

The doorbell rang, and I took a deep breath before opening it. Dad was in the backyard with the guys and the grill roaring. The girls and children were all cooking different things inside, and it was a warm spring day.

"Hey, man, you must be Antonio," her son stuck his hand out, and I shook it with a smile.

"Yeah, that's me, and you are..." I trailed, stepping aside to welcome them in.

"Brent," he answered, looking around. "This is my wife, Ariel, and our daughter, Aubrey," the lite girl hugged me around my legs, and I chuckled.

"Nice to meet you, Ariel," I smiled gently. We stood there, quietly for about two minutes, and I was silently praying that Tiana came in. I was horrible at meeting new people, that was her thing.

"Oh, hi!" I heard my wife's voice, and thanked God.

"Hi, honey!" I basically screamed, and she just stared at me. I was so nervous, so I pushed her towards Ariel.

"I'm sorry about my husband... I'm Tiana," she greeted them, and they laughed. See, she's a people person.

"Uhm, Brent, the guys are outback, if you want to come out there with us," I nodded, and he followed me outside.

I was mumbling, "be cool," to myself as we headed out.

"This is a nice house," he gave me his approval. I cleared my throat before speaking.

"Thank- uhm, thank you. I bought it not too long ago," I answered.

"Dude, it's not like we met on E-Harmony, and this is our first date. Loosen up a little," he chuckled, clapping my back, and I opened the back door.

"Sorry man, I'm not really used to meeting new people. We kind of keep inside our family," I laughed, handing him a coke as we approached the guys.

"Dad, is this uncle Brent?!" Aiden screamed, walking from the pool, soaking wet.

"Hey little guy. What's your name?" Brent kneeled down.

"I'm Aiden! I heard you were a firefighter?!" He yelled, and we all chuckled.

"Yeah little man, I work for the NYFD," he answered.

"That's so cool. Can I come with you?" Aiden's eyes got super huge.

"Uhm, we'll see if I can set you and your dad up a tour, that alright?" He looked over to me.

"That would be awesome man, he loves fire trucks," I shook my head, picking Aiden up, and throwing him back into the pool.

Luckily, he could swim well, so he found the surface quickly, and splashed me with water.

"Get in dad," he requested, and I peeled my shirt off, joining him in our water fight.

Aiden was a strong six year old, and even tried to flip me a few times before Tiana called us all in. I ran to the bathroom, and Aiden bet he could get dressed faster than me. That kid is always so competitive.

Stepping out fully clothed, I saw Tiana sitting on the edge of the bed.

"What's wrong babe?" I frowned, pulling her up.

"Nothing, I'm fine!" She lied.

"You're lying, your nose twitched," I noted.

"Ugh, I hate you," she giggled a bit.

"No you don't. Really, what's wrong?" I asked again.

"Ariel... Krystal likes her more than me," she grimaced. I chuckled, pulling her into my lap, as I sat down on our bed.

"Who has raised Krystal for the past two years?" I questioned.

"Me," she replied.

"Mhm, and who does Krystal call mommy?" I asked, and she replied the same way. "Right, and who does Krystal want to see as soon as she gets out of school, and gets mad when I pick her up?"

"Me," she sighed.

"Exactly. She loves you baby! No one could ever take your place. It's just... She hasn't met anyone new in awhile, and she's excited that's all," I kissed her lips softly.

"I know babe, but I still want to be her number one!" She whined.

"Awh, I know baby," I rubbed her arms. "But one day, she'll get a best friend, and they'll be inseparable, and then she'll lose that best friend, and you know the first person she's gonna turn to? You. And then she'll start dating some douche bag, who I will threaten, and he will break her heart, and I will try to kill him. She'll get mad at me, and you know the first person she's gonna get advice from? You again. She loves you baby, you know that. You're the first real mom she's had, and she won't forget that. Okay?" I pecked her forehead.

"You're right. I love you," she cupped my face, kissing my lips.

"I love you too," I smiled, pulling her up. "Now, let's get back to the party before Aiden beats me!" I chuckled, flying down the stairs, greeted by a cocky Aiden.

"Told you I could beat you, dad," he stuck his tongue out, and everyone laughed.

*~! Tiana's POV *~!

We said our grace, and dug in. Brent, Ariel and Aubrey were fitting in perfectly, and we were having a lot of fun. Krystal took a liking to Ariel which hurt me a little, but after the pep talk from my husband, I got over it. I'll always be her number one, and I knew that. Aubrey was the cutest thing, and her and Krys were the same age.

I studied Ariel. She had auburn died hair, and bright blue eyes. The whole dinning room was full of different races. She was a gorgeous woman, and very smart. She had Audrey at 18, making her a teen mother. Yet, she fought through it, and she and her husband graduated from college at the tops of their classes. Her story was amazing; she was in and out of foster care.

She loved her family with all her heart, even her sister in law, who hadn't arrived yet. She told us stories about the dating times of her and Brent which was only a few before she got pregnant, and he married her two months before Audrey was born.

The doorbell rang, and I went to answer it.

"Hi, I'm Tiana," I shook her hand.

"Hey, I'm Brianna," she smiled warmly, and I moved aside, welcoming her in. "This is my boyfriend, Tristan," she introduced.

"Hey," he smirked. He was a handsome young guy. Light skinned, clean cut, and a few tattoos.

I invited them to the table, and they jumped right in. Warren made us laugh, as he described his proposal to Vanessa, and the kids ran off to play. Brent had Alexandria while Brianna couldn't let go of Gabriel.

"Okay, so here we are. We stepped out from the part that was here, and I took her outside. She kept asking me questions, and I answered them nervously. I mean, I had pellets of sweat just pouring," he chuckled. "So we get outside, and the fireworks start going off, signaling the new year. I got on one knee, and her mouth drops open. I'm laughing at her reaction, and then I ask her to marry me. No response. I look up, and notice she's looking at the fireworks, completely ignoring me."

"And then I start looking around, thinking he got abducted by aliens or before I saw him on the ground," she added.

"Yeah, and so then she's all like 'Warren, get up!' And lecturing me and all, meanwhile I have the ring in my pocket. She finally realized what was going on, AND SHE HIT ME!" He exclaimed. Everyone laughed, she didn't even tell me this! "She hit me man," he chuckled.

"I mean, who wants to be surprised with a proposal?!" She scrunched her face, and began rubbing her pregnant belly

"Everyone!" The family laughed.

"Anyways, she hits me, and she starts crying, right. Her hormones were way out of order, but I continued, spilling my heart out, and ask her for like the third time. She finally says yes, so I slide the ring on, and stood up to hug her. You know what I get? A HIGH FIVE!" Everyone erupted with laughter again.

"I was in shock, guys," she defends herself.

The night was over, and everyone was snuggled up in bed.

"Today was a success," Antonio kissed my forehead.

"Yeah, it was a lot of fun! I think Brianna and everyone should hang out with us a lot more," I nodded.

"Yeah, Brent's a cool dude. He's giving me and Aiden a tour of the firehouse pretty soon," he mentioned.

"Aid is gonna love that," I giggled.

"I know, right! That's all he talked about before he went to sleep," he chuckled. "He was pretty upset that you didn't say goodnight either, and so was Krys."

"Awh, my poor babies," I frowned. I was putting the twins down for the night, so Antonio took over my night shift.

"They'll be alright. But you, ma'am," he kissed my lips. "Need to sleep, because you have a photo shoot tomorrow," he informed me.

"What're you, like my assistant?!" I nudged him slightly.

"Nope, I know because I have a surprise for you," he stuck his tongue out.

"You're always doing something..." I scoffed.

"You'll love it, trust me," he kissed my forehead before I nodded off to sleep.

A/N: Hope you guys liked it as much as I did! Please comment! And new question:

Should I make a sequel?!

I'm doing a sequel for my other book, No More Secrets, pretty soon. And I don't know if I should for this book, because we only have about 8 chapters left in this one. If I do decide to do a sequel, it'll be with Aiden and Krystal. I don't think I should, but if you guys want one, I'll give it to you. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! Love y'all!

~CasuallyMe

P.S. Follow me on tumblr:
@-CasuallyMe!