Chapter 26: Tell Me She's Okay

A/N: I always keep my promises! Here's the update! Love you guys!

*~! Tiana's POV !~*

Pulling up to the school, Antonio helped me out, and we walked to the building.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Marconi! Aiden and Krystal are in aftercare, would you like me to buzz them out?" The receptionist, Mrs. Bridgette, asked.

"Yes ma'am, they're gonna stay here with their father while I go speak to Ms. Heartwell. Is she still here?" I questioned politely.

"Yes ma'am, room C-3," she smiled.

"Thank you. I'll be right back Ant," I nodded, turning and walking away with anger boiling.

"Wait, T," he pulled me back to him. "Just don't... Don't hurt her too bad," he chuckled.

"That b- she kissed you Antonio. I'm a black woman, and she kissed my man. I'm gonna hurt her," I scoffed in a whisper.

"Hey, handle your business, but remember if you do hurt her too much, she can sue you. And because your hands are now considered lethal weapons, you would be released from the CIA, and I don't know what the office would be like without you there. Just be careful baby, okay?" He pecked my lips. I nodded, then headed down the hall.

I strutted, fearlessly, to her classroom. I'll be damned if she ripped this family apart. Antonio and our children are the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I refuse to lose it to a shank named Heartwell.

I politely knocked on the door, waiting on her to open it. She slowly pulled it open, and her face said she was shocked.

"Mrs. Marconi, nice to see you," she gave me a fake smile.

"Can I speak with you?" I asked. She moved aside letting me into the room.

"How may I help you?" She inquired innocently.

"First of all, drop the act. I know you kissed my husband at that bowling alley. Now, I will say this one time, and one time only: you need to stay away from my man. Antonio married me not you. So, I suggest you stay far, far away from him, or you and I will have problems. Do you understand, Ms. Heartwell?" I snapped in her face. She laughed, taking a step back.

"Do you understand, Mrs. Marconi, that I get whatever I want? If I want your husband, I can have him. All it takes is one kiss, and he's mine," she smirked.

"Hm, that's funny, because I remember you kissing him, did you not? And from what I heard, he pushed you away. But no, all it would take is a 'kiss?' You're pathetic," I laughed in her face. She pushed me, making me slam into a wall.

"Listen here bitch, I could have him," she barked.

"Could. You could if I wasn't in the picture. I just don't understand, you're more than capable of finding your own man. Leave mine alone," I shoved her back. She fell into a table, and I tied my hair up. I knew she was going to put up a fight, so I kicked my heels off too.

"This is more about her than Antonio," she smirked evilly, slowly standing up.

"What?" I cocked my head.

"You know who I'm talking about. She was my best friend!" She threw a punch, making me hold my cheek.

"You stupid bitch!" I charged toward her throwing three blows to her face. She fell to the floor as blood pooled in her mouth. I pulled her up by her shirt, slamming her against the concrete wall.

"You killed her," she growled. I haven't killed anyone except Garibaldi in my whole life. But-

"Sofia? She killed herself," I retorted.

"No, you killed her! You drove her father to obsession, then he made her hate you. You had the perfect life, perfect husband, children, parents, everything! She hated you! She called me every night and talk about different ways she was gonna torment you. You drove her to insanity, so she ended her personal turmoil," she began to cry.

"Bull shit! You don't know how much I've been through, you don't know me. Nothing in my life is perfect besides my family, and it took me forever to get to this point. Grow up, accept responsibility. She killed herself because she was weak, and couldn't face her inner demons," I whispered. Heartwell spit her blood directly in my face. I dropped her.

The most disrespectful thing anyone could do is spit in your face. I was furious at this point, and started seeing red. I could feel my body heating up, hot with anger. I reached and grabbed a chair, but stopped just as I was about to hit her.

Bang.

A gun.

My gun.

Blood.

My blood.

*~! Antonio's POV !~*

"Daddy!" Krys smiled and ran as she rounded the corner. I pulled her in the tightest hug I could before seeing Aiden. He was laughing with one of his buddies before he saw me, and ran in my arms too. I held both of them, pulling them close to my chest.

"I missed you guys so much," I mumbled. Krystal kissed my cheek, smiling at me.

"Are you coming home with us?" Aiden got straight to the point. I chuckled at my son, turning to make sure no one was in the lobby.

"Yeah, son! Remember, your mommy told you where I was," I kissed his head.

"Good! Mommy cried every night, and she was really sad. I'm just glad you're back though!" Krystal smiled.

We were laughing, talking about different things. They were happy to see me, and I was even happier to see them. Aiden told me a girlfriend he had, and I scoffed. He is really something else!

Then, I heard it. A shot. Being in the CIA, they teach you how to recognize different gun sounds. This one was a regular handgun, and I remembered that Tiana still had hers on her hip.

I scooped Aiden and Krystal up, bolting for the office. Everyone was screaming, and I told them to calm down, and I was an officer of the law. I showed my badge which made them settle down a little.

After that chaos, I bolted to Ms. Heartwell's room. I pulled my gun out of my holster, and took a deep breath before opening the door.

There she was: the love of my life. There was blood all around her, and her eyes were shut. I saw Heartwell on the other side of the room smiling.

"I finally did it," she laughed. I hurriedly smacked the gun out of her hand, stuffing it in my extra holster before checking my wife's body for a pulse.

She was alive.

Tears streaked down my face as I ran with her body to the front. I called on my radio for back up to arrest Heartwell, and an ambulance. They were at the school in two minutes, and got Tiana loaded up, and to the hospital.

"Hello?" Matthew answered his phone.

"Hey man, look-"

"Antonio? What do you want?" He snapped.

"THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO ARGUE! Listen, Tiana got shot, okay! I'm gonna follow the ambulance to the hospital, but my kids are still at the school. Can you please pick them up, and take them to your house? I do not want them at the hospital until Tiana recovers," I requested, pulling off in my car behind the ambulance.

"Yeah, I'm leaving right now. How do you know she'll rec-" he started.

"Shut up! I just know she will! And don't tell me she won't!" I pounded my wheel.

I hopped out of the car, making sure I grabbed her purse that she left in there. It had all of her records and what not. I ran in right behind her. I was so glad that we ended up at the best hospital in New York.

They pushed Tiana through the double doors, slapping a breathing mask on her. I cringed, seeing her eyes open as she screamed in pain.

"Sir, sir!" Someone called from behind me, but I just kept running. I stood a little bit behind the doctors as they shipped her directly to surgery.

"Sir, we're gonna need you to fill out some papers. We can't allow you in the operating room," the same voice said.

I turned, slamming my fist into a wall, which startled her. I just had so much bottled up anger towards my father- no, Garibaldi, and I knew he had something to do with this.

"Son, calm down," dad pulled my arm down slowly as I prepared to hit the wall again. He hugged me tightly as I cried into his shoulder. He is the only man I would ever confide in for comfort. He is one of the few men that I trust.

"I did it again! I let her get hurt!" I screamed.

"It wasn't your fault son. It wasn't your fault," he whispered.

Mom took Tiana's purse, filing through it to find her information. I buried my head in my hands, sobbing at this point. The first day we get back together is the day she gets hurt. Maybe I'm not supposed to be with her? It feels like every time I get around her, she gets hurt.

So many times in that hospital, I thought about leaving Tiana just so she wouldn't keep hurting. Even Krystal said she was crying because of me. In that moment, I hated myself more than I hated Garibaldi.

"Sir, your wife..." I heard. I stood up, wiping the tears off of my face.

"Please, please tell me she's okay," I sighed.

"Uhm... Yeah, she's uh, she's fine. She recovered quite nicely actually. She was murmuring throughout the process though. We just want to make sure the shooting didn't mess her up, mentally. You know, after seeing so much, it messes up your sanity," he nodded.

"She was talking to her mother, asshole," I thought. I remembered Tiana told me she was going to see her mom three more times: two when she was hurt really bad, and once when she was dead. We had already used up one of the two.

"Can I go see her now?" I asked.

"Yes. She's still asleep, and she won't be up for awhile. We're only going to allow you in there though. Tomorrow, we'll see if she can handle being around other people," he nodded.

"Thank you, Doctor," I shook his hand.

"It's my job son. But, she must have someone up there that likes her. Most patients would've died the second we started the operation. She's strong, and I can tell by the amount of people in that waiting room that she's a good person. Please, please take care of her son. Alright?" He gave me a polite smile before walking out.

*~! Tiana's POV !~*

I groaned, slowly fluttering my eyes open to see Antonio. He smiled at me, leaning and kissing my lips.

"You okay?" He questioned with a frown.

"Uhm, I'm alright... I talked to my mom," I mentioned. He held my hand, giving it a tight squeeze.

"Do you wanna tell me what she said?" He asked.

"Yeah... She said I visited her a lot sooner than she expected," I laughed. Antonio looked down at the floor. "What's wrong?"

"I uhm... I just feel like it's my fault that you keep getting hurt, you know? Like, the whole Sofia thing and now this. I can't help but think I'm the cause of it, and that I let you down. I'm supposed to protect you," he shook his head.

Why did he doubt himself so much?

A/N: This was so horribly written, I'm so sorry! Please comment! Love y'all!