"Hey." he said as we began walking towards the caffeteria.

"Um, hi." I said.

"So what were you drawing?" he asked.

"Oh, uh, nothing." I said, feeling my face go a bit red.

"Aw, come on, let me see it." he said with his usual crooked grin.

"No, it sucks, Im not a very good artist." I said with a shrug.

"How bad can you be? Besides Im sure its really good. Can I please see it?" he asked doing puppy dog eyes. I sighed.

"Fine, just dont make fun of me." I said, pulling out my notebook. He put his hand over my heart.

"Scouts honor." he said and I rolled my eyes. I handed him the notebook. He looked at the paper.

"Wow" he said. I felt my face get redder.

"I know, its not very good-" I said but he cut me off.

"No! This is amazing! I didnt know you could draw like this..." he said, looking at the paper again.

The drawing was on him, mid-lay-up. Sinse I had so much time in Gym I had made the detail of the creases of his shirt and also added all the shades.

"Thanks..." I said.

"Do I really look that good or is it just your drawing skills?" he asked, with a grin, handing me my notebook back. I put it in my bag.

"Oh hush." I said. Then somebody hit me from the back, knocking me into the lockers. I looked over to see Clarissa strutting by.

"Hey! Watch it!" Joey half-yelled after her, then he turned to me. "You okay Kat?" he asked.

"Yeah Im fine." I said looking down.

"Alright, well she should really be watching where shes going." he said.

"She was." I said.

"What?" he asked.

"She was watching where she was going. She was purposly trying to knock me into the lockers. She hates me." I said.

"Oh, Sorry. Well shes just a brat." he said.

"Tell me about it." I said as we sat down at a table in the cafeteria.

"So, what did y-" he started but was cut off as Brian and Scott came over.

"Hey man! Nice game in Gym!" Brian said clapping Joey on the shoulder and sitting next to him. Scott came and sat next to me then put his feet up, crossing them at the table and leaning his chair back.

"Thanks you too!" Joey said.

"Hi Catherine!" Brian said to me.

"Katniss." I said.

"What?" he asked.

"Her names Katniss not Catherine." Joey said.

"Oh, sorry Katniss." Brian said, pulling a bag of cheetos out of his lunch sack.

"Um, Its okay." I said a bit awkwardly.

"So, Katniss, you comin to the game Friday to cheer on your boyfriend?" Scott asked.

"Boyfriend?" I asked.

"Joey." He said making taunting kissy faces at Joey.

"We arent dating. We practically just met yesterday." I said feeling my face get red.

"Oh." Scott said. "Well, anyway, are you coming to the game?" he asked again.

"No." I said.

"Why not!?" Brian and Scott asked at the same time.

"Shes not a 'football kind of girl'." Joey said.

"Im sure that'll change soon enough though." Brian said.

"Oh yeah, Im not gonna let her miss out on the game! She'll like football soon enough!" Joey said with a grin. The others laughed.

"Hey Guys whats up?" Josh said as he came over and sat in the seat on the other side of Joey.

"Nothing much man." Joey said putting his hand up for a high five which he recieved.

Brandon and Chase followed over Josh and now the table was completely seated, with Jocks. Plus me.

"Hi!" I heard and a few girls came over. One sat on the table infront of Chase, Brianna Summers, Kylie Smith sat on Brandon's lap, and Ivy Wicks sat on Josh's.

"Hey." The guys said.

"So, whats up guys? Katniss?" Brianna said happily.

"Nothin really...just having lunch I guess." Chase said and they laughed. I stood up.

"Um, I'll be right back, I have to go to the restroom." I said and they nodded. I walked out of the cafeteria and to the restroom. When I was in there I leaned my back against the wall.

Sinse when did the popular kids sit with me at lunch? Sinse when did they even talk to me!?...Sinse Joey started to. Thats when. Sinse he was my friend.

I looked at myself in the mirror and took down my hair. I put it over one shoulder and then turned. I walked back out and went into the caffeteria. I grabbed my bag off of my chair.

"Its almost time for Chemistry so I better get going." I said and they nodded. Joey stood up.

"I have Chem next today to, I'll come with." he said.

We walked out of the cafeteria together, heading for the Chem lab.

"Sorry bout that." he said.

"Bout what?" I asked.

"Us taking over your table. I didnt know they were all going to come and sit with us." he said.

I gave a small smile, "Its okay. Its alot different than usual, Im normally sitting by myself. But I kinda like having people around." I said. He smiled.

"Good. I wouldnt want to be by myself all the time either." he said as he opened the door to the classroom.

We walked in and I took my seat. Surprisingly he sat next to me.

"Arent you usually Brian's partner?" i asked. He shrugged.

"John is sick so Scott can partner with him." he said.

"Oh." I said. I started thinking about all the things that had happened. 1) I got a friend 2) Joey complimented my drawings 3) I sat with the popular crowd at lunch and 4) Joey was my Chem Partner. Today was fantastic so far!