Chapter 5

I gave Joey directions to my house. He pulled into the driveway a few moments later.

"Thank you, again." I said. He gave me a smile.

"Sure thing Kat. See you at school tomorrow." he said.

"See you." I said and got out. He put his hand out, catching the door before I could close it.

"Oh, and Kat?" he asked.

"Yeah?"

"Dont worry. They wont hurt you again." he said. I felt my eyes start to itch with tears of graditude. You could see in his face and eyes that he was sincere and truley cared.

"Thanks Joey. I'll, um, I'll see you tomorrow." I said and he nodded with a smile. I closed my door and walked up to the front door, blinking away the tears.

I turned and watched him roar away down the street before opening the door and walking in. I hurried upstairs before Aunt Jane could see me like this.

I grabbed my pajamas and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I cleaned myself quickly then changed and went back into my room to start my homework.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=36905192

When Im done with my Algebra I put my books back into my bag and walk downstairs. I can hear Aunt Jane in the kitchen.

"Hey." I said as I walked in.

"Hi Katniss." she said, her back was turned, facing the stove. "Im making spagetti for dinner."

"Yum. Need any help?" I asked.

"No, Thats alright, Im just finishing up." She said, pulling two plates out of the cupboard. Then she turned and gasped slightly.

"Katniss! What happened?" She asked coming forward. She put her finger tips softly to my cheek. "Where did you get this buise?" she asked.

"Oh, Um, I uh, got hit in the face, with a ball...in gym." I said.

"Oh. Well are you alright?" she asked.

"yeah, Im fine." I said.

"Oh good. For a second I thought that you had been bullied again!" she said turning back to the scooping the spagetti onto the plates.

Aunt Jane thought that the bullying had stopped in Sophomore year. I had told her that so she would stop worrying about me. I also told her that I was alright and didnt need counciling for the trauma of my parents murder and also from the bullying anymore. It was a lie as well. I still have the nightmares. But lets not get into that now.

"Here you are dear." she said, setting a plate of spagetti infront of me then sitting across from me.

"Thanks." I said, twirling some noodles onto my fork. We ate dinner, just talking about unimportant things then when we were done I offered to do the dishes sinse she had to get up early tomorrow for a meeting. She thanked me and went up to her room to get some sleep.

I put the dishes in the sink and then ran upstairs. I grabbed my Ipod and put in my earbuds. I started up my playlist that heald all the theatre songs I had downloaded. I loved theatre and music.

I ran back downstairs and started up on the dishes while listening to my music. I was soon done and put the dishes away then went upstairs. I grabbed my notebook and started drawing.

I drew aimlessly for a while, just sketching things like flowers and designs. I looked at my clock a while later and saw that it was 10:30. I put my notebook away and turned the light off. I plopped down in bed and almost immediately fell asleep.

The days event with Clarissa brought the nightmares.