Chapter 17- Obito's Legacy

A/N

Sooooo I drew this pic of Shinasui by a lake. It's Meh. Hope you guys like it.

Prepare for some tissues because even I got choked up while writing this.

-v4k

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

"Is anyone sitting here?" The silver haired woman looked up to see a blonde with a gentle smile. Shinasui shook her head, giving her big brother permission to sit next to her. It was a week after the fight...a week after Shinasui lost one of the biggest influences in her life.

Obito Uchiha. 

Today there was a small service for him where they finally filled his grave that was created decades before, when he was thought to be dead during the Third Great Ninja War. The service was sweet and quick, one Kakashi and Minako were all too familiar with. Konohamaru was unable to attend because he had to watch his cousin Mirai, but Naruto was there...as he always was for his baby sister. Out of everyone there, she was the most affected by Obito's death. Shinasui's hair was tied neatly in a bun, her face flawless from the makeup she put on earlier that morning. She wore the traditional black kimono that women wore at funerals, Obito's being no different. She sat on a bench in front of the well kept graveyard, her eyes never leaving Obito's tombstone. Her expression was one of a stone face, frozen in time. She didn't know what to feel or how to feel...if words could even begin to describe the pain inside of her. She never lost someone so meaningful to her before...Obito was the first.

Naruto ran a hand through his spiky blonde hair as he sat down on the bench, following Shinasui's gaze to Obito's freshly dug grave. The torment within his sister's eyes was something he was all too familiar with...

"How are you feeling?" Naruto spoke the empty words with no curiosity behind the answer. He knew exactly how she felt and why she was feeling that way. The reason he asked is because the words translate into something else: I care about you.

"Can words honestly describe something inside me at this moment? A day we all knew would come at some point yet it still seems like a surprise. Words will never describe the true expression of pain, no matter how many times we try." Shinasui spoke meekly. She felt so tired and exhausted, so drained from everything that has been going on...but at the same time she just wanted to cry and never stop. She wanted to spend the rest of her life mourning if that's what it took to rid the pain in her chest. 

But no matter what she does, that pain will never completely disappear.

Naruto wrapped an arm around his sister's shoulder, letting her lean into his familiar scent. This exchange between the Uzumaki siblings was so pure, so genuine that a little part of Shinasui couldn't help but feel better inside. 

"You know, he made his choice Shina and that was what he wanted. He wanted to save Kakashi for not only Mom's sake but for you too. It was no secret that Obito loved Mom but you were the only person in the world that actually rivaled that. He would have done anything for you...dying was one of them." Shinasui swallowed the lump in her throat. In many ways, Obito was more of a parent to her than either of her's were. Despite the never ending love and affection both of her parents showered her with, because of Minako being Hokage and Kakashi being head of Anbu, she was often left alone.

"He was there for me...every day. Every time you were on a mission or Mom and Dad were too busy, he was there. He was there...he never failed me...he never put anything above me...he was a father to me as much as Daddy was. He taught me everything I know...he prepared me for the life of a ninja but he never prepared me for this." Shinasui felt the heat well in her eyes, her choking slightly on air.