Chapter 14

Please, please, please comment everything on your mind as you read this chapter. I want to see your reactions.

"Did you miss me?"

The words went around and around in her head a million times. The presence she had missed for one, long month was now back. She now could yell at him, and hit him, and tell him that he was an idiot for thinking that the cleansing wouldn't work. She also wanted to hug and kiss him to let him know that she was happy that he was back. She wanted to hold him in her arms and have him hold her.

But the thing she wanted most? She wanted him alive.

She wanted to feel his touch in real life. To hear him talk to her and lay in bed with her and cuddle, sharing innocent kisses whenever they could, not whenever they were allowed.

She forced herself to sleep, but it took a long time knowing that she would see him again.

When she looked around, it was a new room. A navy blue room. There was a black leather couch sitting there in the middle of the room and a window behind that with a telescope in front of the window. Killian was looking out the telescope, occasionally moving it around.

"Killian?"

He turned around and jumped over the couch, gathering her in his arms and holding her tightly. "Emma!"

"Killian!" She held him tighter than he was holding onto her. "I missed you so so much!" She didn't want to pull away. In fact, that was the last thing she wanted to do, but she had no choice when he started to loosen his grip on her.

"And I you." He twirled a piece of her hair around his fingers. "You have no idea how bloody much."

"Not any more than how I missed you."

He pressed his lips to hers, desperate to feel her touch. "I found something," he said when he pulled away. He was practically bounced on the balls of his feet in excitement. "There is a guy dying in a coma at the hospital. They are taking him off of life support. The best part is, is that he looks exactly like me."

Emma's jaw dropped. "H-how is that possible?"

"He's a relative. Apparently he's alone. His parents died in a car crash, and he slipped into a coma."

"And?"

"If his soul leaves his body, I can take over."

"Are you sure that this will even work? How old is he? What's his name?"

Killian laughed, "slow down, darling. Yes I'm sure it's going to work. He's eighteen just like me, and it seems impossible, but his name is Killian too."

"No, you're kidding. That is too many coincidences. It's not possible!"

"Open your eyes, Emma. It is." She moved over to the couch and sat down. "I understand that you may need time to think about this."

"I-yeah. I do."

"Take all the time you need. If you want to open the possibility of love and hope that we can be together, then I suggest you do. But as soon as I go to them, I'm taking over. I'm doing this whether you want me to or not. I'm tired of staying in the shadows. I'm tired of saying two bloody words at a time. I want to give you love, protection, pleasure, you name it. As soon as I awake in that body, I'm going to find you. That's when you can decide if you want me or not."

The room faded away and so did he. All that was left was a bright white room, which had a bright glow to it. She asked herself, 'is this really what I want?'

When she woke up the next morning to her alarm blaring. Emma slammed her hand down onto it and groaned. All day, she found herself anxious. What would happen to Killian if this didn't work? He would be living in a body that wasn't his own. What if him just moving on was a better thing? She tried not to let anyone know something was wrong at school. She didn't need to explain that she had fallen in love with a ghost, and that he was planning on possessing a body so they could live happily ever after. As far as her parents knew, Killian was gone and banished from the house. When she got home from school, she went straight up to her bedroom and started on her homework. The energy in the house was light. Maybe Killian wasn't even there. Maybe he had gone through with it. Or maybe something happened and he couldn't. Would he just leave her at the drop of a hat?

After doing her homework, Emma went downstairs to spend some time with her parents. They hadn't seen much of her lately, but she decided that the best way to avoid them asking her questions was to act the same way she had before. Halfway through the television show, there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it," she said, not even thinking about who could be on the other side. She gasped when she looked out the peephole.

"Is everything alright?" David called from the living room.

"Uh, y-yeah. It's just one of my friends from school." Her hands flew to her head and she muttered the same curse words over and over again. Finally getting enough courage, she grabbed the doorknob and opened the door.

"Emma," Killian said with a smile. "It worked!" He wrapped his arms around her, and it was the same warm touch from in her dreams.

"Killian," she whispered, "you're here. You're really here."

"I told you I would come and find you."

She pulled away from him and grabbed his hand. "I think we have a lot of catching up to do." She pulled him inside.

"What about your parents?"

"I'll tell them we are doing a school project together and I had all of the stuff. You don't have to be afraid of them."

"I'm not afraid of them."

"One of them?" She started to laugh. "My Dad?" Killian slowly nodded. "Just turn on your charm and be a gentleman." He nodded and Emma pulled him inside.