Chapter 16: Breaking In

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry Gideon, I'm not going to let myself fall into a trap."

"Well yeah right. He was about to kiss you!"

I sighed, "I'm sorry Gideon."

Gideon sighed too and hugged me, "I know...just stuck in the moment. I understand." I hug him back, "Thanks. I know you are just trying to protect me, Gideon."

The rest of the day I hung out with Gideon. Still couldn't get Dipper out of my mind. He tried to kiss me. He likes me or something like that...or maybe he was stuck in the moment like I did.

"Hey Gideon." I asked as I was reading the journal while Gideon was going through channels on the TV, "Yeah?" Gideon replied. "Is there a basement here, in the house?"

Gideon thought about it, "I don't know. You can ask my dad."

"Hey, Uncle Bud!" I called out.

Uncle Bud came into the room, "Yeah pumpkin?"

"Is there a basement here?" I asked.

Uncle Bud thought back, "Well...When I bought the house...I think there was a basement but there was a rain storm and the whole thing flooded and collapse. I sealed it up."

"Wouldn't that destroy the base of the house?"

"I had a contractor check it out and he said that the house was first build without a basement. Then someone cheaply just made it. So the house wasn't base on the basement. I could easily seal it up."

"What was down there?" Gideon asked.

"Don't know. I came down there and it was just a mess." Uncle Bud replied.

"Where is the entrance?" I asked.

"Where the vending machine is but you can't get in."

"Ah."

"Why are you asking?"

"Just wondering."

The night pass and it was morning. I was out taking the trash out in the back again. 

"Hey." A voice spoke up. 

I jumped as I turn around. Dipper was there around the corner of the house, "Don't scare me like that! You nearly gave me a heart attack." I then finish putting the trash in the trash bin, "You shouldn't be here. Both my uncle and Gideon are here."

"I know." Dipper replied, "I just want to see if you are okay."

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Look...I'm sorry what I did yesterday. I didn't know what I was doing."

I rubbed my arm, a hint of blush appear, "I...It's fine Dipper."

Dipper took a step forward, "That's good. I don't want you to hold it against me. I still want to be friends. I won't try to kiss you again. That was a mistake on my part."

"Dipper...It's fine. Don't need to stress or worry about it."

"Okay...since you say so."

Then the thought came into my head, "Oh yeah! So I ask my uncle about the basement."

"Really? What did he say?" Dipper asked, surpried.

"Yeah and apparently we had a basement but it got flooded up and so he sealed it up."

"What?! Flooded? Sealed up?" He sounded stressed and paniced.

I tilted my head, "What's the matter?"

He then quickly erases all emotions he had before, "Nothing, nothing. Just couldn't believe that. Where was the entrance?"

"Where the vending machine is. Why do you want to know? Dipper-"