Chapter 6: Later

Alli's POV:

I knocked lightly on the door and my best friend, Rachel, opened it. Rachel had the craziest red hair and a personality to match. She got me to do any crazy activity that she could, all of them involved me being social, and I pretty much kept her from getting into trouble.

"Alli!!!" Rachel screamed and hugged me.

"Hey, Rach." I said, hugging her back.

After heading inside, we ran upstairs to Rachel's room. I immediately flopped down on her bed and groaned.

"Is this about Nathan? I thought what he did was the most romantic thing ever. You should say yes and be his homecoming date. All the other girls will be so jealous." Rachel was making this into a really big deal.

"Nathan followed me to the studio. He kissed me after I came out. And in front of Nick!" I explained.

"HE KISSED YOU?!?!?!?!?" Rachel screamed.

"Don't yell. But yeah. He kissed me." I sighed.

"I need details. Now." she demanded.

So I told her everything. It's so easy to talk to Rachel about this stuff. She hardly ever interrupts. I definitely felt better after I revealed all of that to Rachel, after crying slightly in the middle.

"Sorry for my mental breakdown. But that's what happened." I said, making myself look presentable

"Alli. It's fine. Do you know how many girls would kill to have Nathan notice them, let alone kiss them? You should consider yourself lucky." Rachel replied calmly.

"I know. But a month ago, I hated Nathan. I'm not sure how I feel about him anymore. He's sweet but yet so infuriating. What should I do?" I admitted.

"I think you should talk this over with Nathan. He's probably at the basketball court or the gym." Rachel answered.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked her as we left the house.

"Of course I am." Rachel rolled her eyes.

With that, we were on our way to the basketball court first. Rachel's fraternal twin, Kaylyn, followed us out and I was totally fine with it. I felt bad for how I treated Nathan. I was ready to smooth things over with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nathan's POV:

I had just gotten to the basketball court when I saw the same guy from the studio dribbling a ball. I decided to just practice like he wasn't there. I grabbed a basketball and shot some 3-pointers.

"Aren't you the guy that was with Alli earlier?" he asked me. So much for not noticing him.

"Yeah that's me. I'm Nathan. Are you her boyfriend?" I replied, turning to look at him.

"I'm Nick. And no. I'm not her boyfriend, just her dance partner. Are you? Is that why you two were kissing?" Nick told me.

"No. I wish I was though. I kissed her because I have a massive crush on her and she was inches away from me." I shrugged and sat down on a bench.

"Oh." He sat next to me.

Most people would think that me and Nick would sit there and talk about Alli, what we like about her, and work things out on that subject. But no. We both just sat there next to each other like idiots. We pretty much abandoned the idea of basketball.

Nick was the one to finally break the awkward silence.

"Are you the Nathan that Alli is tutoring?" he said.

"Yeah. She talked about me?" I looked at him.

"A little. She told me about some of your tutoring sessions and that she did have some feelings toward you, but she was unsure about them." Nick answered calmly.

"Oh. Did you ever have any feelings for Alli?" I asked.

"Nah. I've always thought of her as just my ballroom dancing teacher. No more, no less." he told me.

Nick and I talked a little more and I found out that we had a lot in common. If Alli wasn't in the picture, me and him could be best friends. We ended up playing basketball one-on-one. He was actually pretty good.

Even as Nick and I were playing, all I could think of was Alli. I had so much to make up to her.