Chapter 5: Secrets

Alli's POV:

It was easy to forget about what Nathan had done. My dance partner, Chris, was my most advanced student, so I could do complicated routines and cool lifts. He wasn't bad looking either. Score! We had just finished our cha cha cha and I was really out of breath.

"Good job, Chris. We'll work on the rumba next week. If you keep dancing like that, maybe next year you can be my permanent partner and help teach the beginners." I praised him.

"Thanks, Alli. You're the best teacher anyone could ask for." Chris replied.

"Well, you're a fast learner too." I remarked.

We kept talking like that until Chris and I packed up our stuff. I waved to him and headed out of the studio. The situation with Nathan came to mind again.

"Don't dance much, huh?" a voice startled me and I dropped my backpack. Of course, it had to be Nathan. I bent down to pick up my stuff.

"Nathan. What are you doing here?" I said, slightly flustered.

"I followed you after you ran out. You didn't answer my question though." Nathan replied, leaning against the wall of the studio and crossing his arms.

"Fine. I'm a ballroom dancing instructor here. And what was going on in that empty head of yours at school?" I admitted, facing Nathan.

"I thought asking you in front of so many people with make you say yes" he shrugged.

"Well, congratulations. You embarrassed me in front of the whole school. Did it ever occur to you that I would have said yes on my own?" I spit out.

"No. Not really. You seem to have no positive feelings toward me." Nathan answered.

"Well, I did hate you at first. But since tutoring, I was starting to like you. Now I regret that." I snarled, now inches away from him. I was too mad at him for this to be awkward because I was in a sports bra, my dance shoes, and work out pants.

I saw Nathan smirk and he put his hands on my bare waist. I trembled a bit either from anger, shock, or embarrassment. Then the idiot surprised me yet again.

He kissed me.

Despite being tired from rehearsal, I had enough strength to push away from him. I shot him a look of pure hatred. I wanted to scream at him, punch him, slap him, and kick him in his manly parts all at the same time, but I was exhausted.

Then I noticed that Chris was standing in the doorway. He was me and Nathan kiss. NO! That probably ruined any chance that Chris would be able to dance with me and not remember this. I felt my cheeks warm up and redden with a blush.

I looked from Nathan to Chris. The look of horror must have been enough because Chris awkwardly left, probably hoping he wouldn't have to see that again.

I turned around and began to walk home. My first kiss. Of all people, it had to be Nathan. I will mention this to no one. Maybe my best friend can cheer me up. Our sleepover should be boy-free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nathan's POV:

I followed Alli from school to apologize. I felt kind of bad for doing what I did. Alli raced into a small studio. It looked like a dance studio, even though Alli told me she didn't dance a lot. I was slightly confused.

Since she was probably extremely embarrassed and needed some time alone, I decided to wait outside by the door. I heard lively music and someone laughing with Alli, probably her dance partner.

After an hour, I heard the music stop and the door opened about 10 minutes later. Alli came out wearing a sports bra, work out pants, and heels. Hot. She didn't notice me though.

"Don't dance much, huh?" I asked, startling Alli and causing her to drop her stuff.

"Nathan. What are you doing here?" Alli demanded, picking her things off of the ground.

"I followed you after you ran out. You didn't answer my question though." I replied calmly, leaning against the wall behind me.

"Fine. I'm a ballroom dancing instructor here. And what was going on in that empty head of yours ar school?" she said, turning to face me.

"I thought asking you in front of so many people would make you say yes." I answered, shrugging.

"Well congratulations. You embarrassed me in front of the whole school. Did it ever occur to you that I would have said yes on my own?" Alli was beginning to get mad.

"No. Not really. You seem to have no positive feelings toward me." I said, attempting to stay calm.

"Well, I did hate you at first. But since tutoring, I was starting to like you. Now I regret that." Alli shouted, getting closer and closer to me.

I smirked. This was almost how I would have imagined it. I put my hands on her bare waist. I heard somewhere that girls love this. Her skin trembled underneath my hands. I took that as a good sign.

I leaned in and kissed Alli.

I definitely enjoyed the kiss, but Alli obviously didn't. Almost immediately after our lips made contact, Alli pushed me away. She really looked like she hated me now.

Suddenly, Alli blushed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw another guy standing in the doorway. It must be her dance partner. I may not be a genius, but I'm pretty sure he was us kiss. Wait. I hope he's not her boyfriend because that would be awkward for me.

He probably wasn't her boyfriend though. I mean the guy didn't seem upset that I had just kissed Alli, just a little weirded out. After about 5 minutes of awkward silence, the other guy just left. That must have been too embarrassing for Alli because she just turned around and began to walk home.

I have yet again ruined my chances with Alli. Maybe I'll just go shoot some hoops with the guys and try to forget that I ever did any of this.