Chapter 4: Embarrassment

Alli's POV:

I was at my locker, packing up my stuff. I had just put my ballroom dancing shoes into my backpack when I heard a familiar voice.

"ALLI!!!" the voice called.

"No. No. Please let this be a dream." I muttered under my breath as I turned around. Just as I had dreaded, it was Nathan. All of his friends surrounded him and the whole school turned to face us. Nathan points to one of his friends and music starts to blast through the loudspeakers.

My jaw dropped as he began to sing One Direction.

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else. The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed. But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell, you don't know. Oh, oh. You don't know you're beautiful" Nathan sang, totally off key.

My friends elbowed me, saying how romantic it is that he's doing this. Once Nathan stopped singing, he pointed directly at me.

"What do you say, Alli? Wanna be my homecoming date?" Nathan shouted, smirking. He obviously thought I would say yes because of all the witnesses.

"I-I don't know." I stuttered.

I couldn't believe that he would embarrass me in front of the whole school like that. I ran out of school with tears in my eyes. I could hear Nathan run after me but I didn't stop running or crying until I was safely inside the ballroom dancing studio.

I was ready to forget that this ever happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nathan's POV:

I was ready to wow Alli and the whole school. I chose to sing "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction to her.

"ALLI!" I yelled once I saw her at her locker.

She turned around with a look of absolute horror on her face. I pointed to my friend who had hooked up the music. The music started playing through the loud speakers.

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else. The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed. But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell, you don't know. Oh, oh. You don't know you're beautiful" I sang, off key but not really caring. I noticed that Alli's friends were elbowing her and whispering something in her ear. Once I had finished singing, I pointed directly at her.

"What do you say, Alli? Wanna be my homecoming date?" I asked, confident. She couldn't reject me in front of all these people.

"I-I don't know." Alli stuttered.

I saw that she had begun to cry. Now I felt terrible. Alli grabbed her stuff and ran out of school.

"Nice going Nathan." I muttered under my breath as I ran after her. It's a good thing I was on the track team last year because though I've never seen her participate in sports, Alli could run really fast.

I had to make this up to her. One way or another.