I recognize Reg in it and the man that was at the gate. It must be his family. I look at the woman who has brown hair chopped to her shoulders. Crinkles decorate her eyes when she smiles. The smile looked natural on her face, as if she had plenty of things to smile about. If I had a family that size, all still alive I wouldn't stop smiling either. Two men stand next to her with similar crinkles by their eyes.

I rest my bow on a overly full shelf, pushing things rudely to the side to make room for my bow. I stroll over to a calender. I look at the days that have been 'x'ed off in a red marker and I realise that today is the 7th of Febuary. I had noticed that the weather was getting a little better but its still a little cold from the previous Winter.

"Good Afternoon. I'm Deanna." A voice calls from behind me. I spin around to be greeted by a woman identical to the one in the photo. I grab my bow and hold it in my left hand. The woman eyes me for a minute, distracted by my gory apperance, but she professionaly gathers herself together and goes over to adjust what looks to be a camera standing on a three legged contraption to keep it upright and in position.

"Would it be okay if I record our conversation?" She asks.
Her question takes me by surprise and then I remember the large solar panals that were outside the fences.
What don't they have?
I don't see the harm in her request so I just nod.

She sits on a flower patterned couch and motions for me to take a seat opposite to her, on her armchair.
She then looks unsure and quickly decides to put a towel on it before I sit.

"Whats your name young lady?"
"Madison." I reply, realising that Ive not properly thought this through. I don't want her to ask questions about me. She smiles and I try to relax in my chair.
"Its nice to meet you. You must be Rick's other daughter." she smiles.
"Yes?" I respond with a shrug.
"Why does your answer sound like another question?" She pries politely.
"We're not blood, but he's my dad, I guess." I explain. She nods her head, understanding.

"How old are you Madison?"
"Not sure. Fifteen I think."
"When will you be sixteen?"
"May." I quickly respond.
"Thats not far away from now." She states. I nod and glance back at the calendar.
"That's a beautiful piece. Where did you get it?" She asks,nodding towards my bow. I squirm uncomfortably at the question that brings back too many memories. I sit it down on the coffee table between us.
"It was my dads." I tell her.
"Ricks?"
"No. No, uh, my actually dad. He made it."
"I see. Tell me, is your mother here?"
The breath is nearly knocked out of me. I take in a deep breath and clutch my necklace.
"She's dead."
"Any brothers? Sisters?"
"Dead."
She looks down at her feet before speaking again.
"I'm sorry to hear that."

Its quiet for a few minutes and I try to shake images of Abbie out of my head.
"Was it recent ? A family death? When I was interviewing your.... friend, Luke, he said you weren't yourself.... what did he mean by that?" She asks.

I feel anger bubble inside me.
"Why would you be talking about me in somebody else's interview?"
She points her palms up in casual defense. "I like to know how everyone met. Their connections and their history. Yours and Luke's story was particularly interesting."
"Do you ask all these questions for a reason or are you just a nosy bitch ?" I snap.
She stares at me, reading me and making me grow more irritable.

"I ask these questions for a reason Madison."
"You think the answers will tell you all about us? To help you decide if we're stable or safe enough to have behind your walls?" I retort.
She smirks. "No. Not quite. I'll let you in on a little secret Madison Smith. I don't give a rats ass about your answers or anyone else's to be frank. That's not me being rude. That's simply just the facts. I don't want answers. I want reactions. Reactions can tell you a lot about a person but you need to know the right questions to ask to get those kind of reactions."