23

Beca POV

It's already December now, the last month I might see Jimin. And he asked me out on a date, last night. It was quiet sudden especially if its Jimin the one asking.

"Hey Kim, wanna go on a date with me Friday night?" he asked me nervously. I just nodded and walked away.

So that's how he asked me, nothing special or stuff. Today is Friday btw.

• • •

I wore a pair of skinny jeans, a branded T-shirt, black Converse, my hair curled at the end and a purse that I am willing be bring on my hand. I looked at myself at the mirror and... I looked 'different'.

I went out my room and found him waiting outside, leaning against the wall. He then escorted me to his car. The drive was a bit awkward since he didn't even uttered a word. I felt like to sleep. Before I could even hold my heavy eyes anymore, we already arrived. Aish. The restaurant was fancy, by fancy, I mean really FANCY. I could see people talking about me, since I was wearing a casual outfit while they were wearing ball gowns, tuxs and whatever. He had reserved a table for us, how sweet.

He walked me to the table and pulled the chair. I liked the atmosphere because it was dim and romantic. The waiter came and gave each of us a menu. After we ordered the waiter went back in the kitchen. I looked at Jimin who was smiling sweetly. I asked him why all the sudden he wanted to go on a date with me. He smiled and said

"Because... this might be the last week I'll be seeing you" he smiled again as he took a hold on my hands softly on the center of the round table. It was the most beautiful moment in my life. But, it didn't last since the waiter came back to deliver our food. After that, the waiter walked off. I tried to get the moment back but failed. He smiled unsincerely maybe because he felt the same.

We finished our foods and I wanted to leave as soon as possible since it was no chance for me to confess. Before I stood up, he grabbed my wrist tightly. I looked at him and raised a brow like a mother to a son. "Can we stay a bit longer?" he asked worriedly. I nodded since it seemed like he begged. I sat down and adjusted my chair. I thought of a topic to discuss about, when I opened my mouth he opened his too. Seems like we both thought of something.

He, being a gentlemen, allowed me to talk first. "Haha. Jimin, why do you call me Kim instead of Beca?" I asked playfully. But his face turned a bit serious as I stated my question. "Well..." he started. "It's because.. I have an old friend named Kim Beca. I know right, same like you but, both of you are the same for some reason and I get confused sometimes. So I call you Kim and 'if' I found her again I call her Beca. Sorry if it's rude to call you that, I just have to."

I nodded showing him I understand. "But what do you mean by, 'if I found her again'?". He sighed. "It's 'cause I lost her. After my audition she was gone. She didn't die or anything, It's just because- I don't know she ditched me I guess." he said looking down about to tear. I thought wrong, he thought I ditched him and I thought he ditched me, it's a misunderstanding. I held his hands as he looked up at me. "She 'didn't' ditch you, Jimin" I corrected him, hands still attached.

He wiped his tears away and said "that doesn't matter anymore." he went beside me and kneeled down. What is he doing!? My face was shocked as he chuckled. I was surprised by his sudden action. He opened his mouth and started to compliment me, a lot, while his right hand was behind him. And finally, he said

"Kim, sarangheo. I won't hesitate to ask you this, will you be my girlfriend?" he was exactly like V. I cupped my cheeks. All eyes were on us. He saw my smile, stood up and wore a pink necklace in a heart shape on me after taking it out a box he had behind him. I blushed.

But, then, I thought, he doesn't know that I'm Beca and he would do this to another girl after I tried to understand his excuse not searching for me. My face went to anger but then sad, well I had mixed emotions. I quickly covered my face and ran out, as I made my way out I could hear people gasping at me.