forty-nine

Chapter 49

The mood at the dinner table had gotten more tense and quiet after Teddy abruptly excused himself. Things only got worse once a scream rang through the house.

"That old bat." Sirius grumbled getting up, assuming it was his mother's painting "Still making me miserable even after she's dead." He stalked out into the hall, in a significantly worse mood, to find it wasn't the painting. Sirius started to panic. If it wasn't a painting, then it had to be a person. The one person not at dinner was Teddy. He ran through some of the rooms quickly before finding Teddy staring at the wall in the living room.

"Aquainting yourself with the relatives?" He asked dryly after seeing the boy was safe. Teddy didn't say anything, he just stared straight forward. Sirius got closer and saw the look of horror and the boy's face. "What? What is it?" His voice got more frantic. He moved to beside Teddy and traced the angle of his eyes. His landed on the poorly painted face of Andromeda Black. No immediate flags were raised so he kept searching. He saw the name of Nymphadora Tonks. He felt a little suspicion but couldn't quite place. It was only when Sirius saw the name Teddy Lupin that he realised why the boy had screamed.

Back in the dining room, Victoire was politely listening to the conversation had by the Weasley family. She didn't add much to the conversation, but enjoyed hearing the stories.

"VICTOIRE WEASLEY!" the call rang through the house. Victoire immediately went beet red.

"Oh, so it's Bill Victoire is married to." George joked. "But yeah, why he call you that."

"My name is Wilson, I guess he got it confused." Vic mumbled, getting up out of her chair. On her way out of the dining room she leaned over to Remus "I don't know what's going on, but it might be smart to send the kids upstairs." Remus wiped his mouth with his napkin and nodded. Remus, too, stood up, but instead of following Vic out of the dining room, he stayed. Vic could hear the soft clinking of plates as she made her way to the living room.

"Real smart, whichever of you called me Weasley." She said to the two. They ignored her comment. They were both standing in front of the wall, staring at it. Like Sirius, she made her way over and spotted the new addition to the wall hanging. "Merlin's beard." She mumbled.

"We- we can't ju- just leave it there!" Teddy stuttered frantically. "It's so noticeable!"

"Moony's kid." Sirius mumbled almost incoherently.

"What do- do we do?" Teddy begged.

"Moony had a kid."

"Well first you both shut it." Vic ordered harshly, more to Sirius than Teddy. "I got Remus to send the kids upstairs but you two need to keep your calm until then. If you need just stay here."

"Moony had a baby Moony." Vic shut Sirius up with a glare.

She made her way back to the kitchen and whispered again to Remus. "I was right" she said "We need to get the kids upstairs as soon as possible. Teddy is freaking out, and Sirius is... shell shocked." Remus nodded again. He began ushering the kids upstairs with utmost urgency. Vic smiled at his last comment.

"If you hear yelling it's most likely Sirius being dramatic."

Once the adults were all gathered, the adults being Molly, Arthur, Bill, Remus, Sirius, and the time travelers, Vic sat them down. Teddy was still staring at the wall.

"Is he ok?" Bill asked

"No, not particularly." Victoire said casually. "Look, we should tell you something that Remus and Sirius already know. Teddy and I obviously know as well." She glanced over at her boyfriend. He didn't move. "Molly, Arthur, I know we haven't known each other for very long, but really, I know you both so well." Her voice had a odd sort of longing in it. "Bill, we knew each other for one year, yes?" Bill nodded "I've known you for every year of my life. You were there the day I was born." Everyone looked confused "I've truth, I'm not seven years older than you, I am quite a few younger." Sirius gave her a look telling her to get on with it. "My name is not Victoire Wilson, and he" she pointed her thumb at Teddy "isn't named Teddy Luther." Another deep breath "My name is Victoire Weasley and my boyfriend staring at the tapestry is Teddy Lupin."

Jaws dropped. Remus went pale as a ghost, he almost fell from his chair. Molly, Arthur, and Bill were confused at the Weasley portion, but almost understood the Lupin part.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand." Bill admit.

"I was, sorry will be, born May 2nd 1998 to Fluer Delacour-Weasley and Bill Weasley. Teddy was born to weeks prior to that to Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks-Lupin." Said Victoire "Teddy and I are time travelers."

(A/N: I'm so exhausted... I've been running around packing dishes and stuff all of today and yesterday. -Jul)