twenty-three

Chapter 23

Teddy Lupin and Victoire Weasley

"James' son? As in James Potter? As in James Charlus Potter sometimes known as prongs?"

"One in the same." Vic nodded

"James Potter as in son of Charlus and Dorea Potter?"

"James Potter sometimes known as arrogant toerag by Lily?"

"James Potter as in seventh year Gryffindor at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry?"

"James Potter as in friends with Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew?"

"Yes!" Victoire cried over everyone adding their definition of 'James Potter' "The James you all know! I'm not talking about James Sirius Potter, First year as of 2015." When she saw everyone's blank faces she added "Never mind."

"James Potter as in me?" James was sitting on the stairs that led up to the boys dormitories. "I don't live past my twenties." It wasn't a question. Not really. His face was grim, no joking smile that he usually wore.

"I'm sorry James." Teddy said "If it makes you feel better, you died for love. For your son and your wife."

"Who is this mysterious wife we keep hearing about?" Sirius asked teasingly. It was obvious he was trying to lighten up the mood.

"Yeah," Remus added "If James dies young, that means he gets married young, which means that statistically speaking, we, or he at the very least, already know this mystery woman." Teddy noticed a couple people's eyes (mainly Sirius and Remus) slid toward Lily.

Teddy and Victoire looked at each other. They almost communicated wordlessly. They needed to talk privately.

"Can you give me and Ted a minute please? We just need to talk about a couple things privately." Without waiting for a response, Victoire and Teddy ran from the common room and didn't stop running until they hit the seventh floor. They made a beeline for the Room of Requirement, and went inside and talked things over for a good 20 plus minutes.

They didn't leave until they had come up with every pro and con for every decision they could make about the future and their predicament in the past. Unfortunately, that took them quite a while and by the time they were done, most of the other students had returned from their holidays. By now it was supper time, so Teddy and Victoire discreetly made their way into the flowing mass of students headed for the Great Hall.

The two kept their heads down and avoided the anxious looks they were getting from the Marauders and Lily. They didn't speak except between themselves (and only then it was small talk) and avoided the other 5 on their way back to the common room.

"Victoire Wilson!" Lily yelled at vic before she could go up to bed. "Talk to me, godammit!"

Victoire bit her lip. She shook her head slightly, and ran up the stairs. Lily turned to see Teddy also disappearing to the dorms (the boys dormitories though). She looked to the Marauders.

"What does this mean?" she begged them, but quietly. The other Gryffindors were still watching her after her seemingly spontaneous freak out.

"I think we should give them time." Remus said "They obviously are trying to figure something out. We should let them come to us."

"You're saying we should just act normal?" Peter clarified "Act like nothing happened?" Remus nodded

"Well that's going to be hard, considering they told us something pretty bloody major."

"Sirius," James calmed his best mate with a slight warning tone.

"We might have to wait a while." Lily realised. Remus nodded a little somberly but said nothing.