nine

Chapter 9
Teddy Lupin

Teddy had had a long few months. TIme travel can be hell on someone's immune system, especially if said person is very grouchy once a month. Teddy currently had the flu. He was quarantined in the seventh year dormitories. The only way he convince Madam Pomfrey to let him stay there and not the hospital wing, was if he promised to not the leave the dorms. He wasn't even allowed to head into the common room.

He felt restless. Teddy didn't like being trapped in the small room. He had so far taken three showers, written three letters to home that he couldn't even send, and played with Lily's cat who had wandered up into his dorm.The next thing on his list was to clean. He had nothing better to do. Everyone else was in class.

He opened his old trunk and pulled out everything, laying it all down on the floor surrounding him. He reached the bottom of his trunk and saw several assorted papers and other garbage materials. He pulled one out at random and read it.

Dear Teddy-

First of all, thank you for the letter. It's been forever since we last hear from you. But then again you were always rubbish at writing back. We do miss you a lot though.

As for your questions, I would love to help you with your project. However since you already know so much about your Uncle Fred and your parents, and since you're supposed to learn about someone, I thought I would tell you about my best friend from back when I was in Hogwarts.

May Almer was just about the smartest girl I have ever, and will ever most likely meet. She was of course a Ravenclaw for that. She was in my year and had a brother three years older and one a year younger. Her older brother, August, was sorted into mighty Gryffindor. Her younger brother, June, was the cutest Hufflepuff.

Now May and her brothers were all late onset shifters. In other words, they were Metamorphmagus' just like you, except their powers didn't show at birth, instead they showed during a scary or life threatening event. August's powers showed after he got hit in the head by a bludger and fell off his broom during a quidditch match; May, after she helped Harry rescue me from the chamber of secrets; and June, during a car accident caused by death eaters in attempt to kill him and May.

Now to you, me saying that so casually might alarm you a bit, but, sadly, that became almost a normal for us. Like your godfather, there was a prophecy made when she was born. I won't write down all the boring details, but in short, whichever side she fought for would have quite a strong biased towards winning.

Most were very confident with our chances of winning because of that. What they didn't know was May's estranged father chose our third year, the year of the Triwizard Tournament, to come back into her life. That year was utter chaos for her. She was threatened physically, verbally, and sexually, by the captain of the Ravenclaw quidditch team and because of him, she ended up in a coma for the remainder of that year. When she woke up, she was in the body of your Aunt Fleur. No one, to this day, understands fully as to how this happened. She was in her body for the length of the last Triwizard task-the maze.

As Harry told you, the cup took him and Cedric Diggory to a graveyard when Voldemort was reincarnated. What he didn't tell you, is that May/Fleur was also there. She came after the other two. When there, she found out that her older brother had been talking to their father, Malcolm Almer, who was a Death Eater.

August and Malcolm tried their damned hardest to get her to join them on the dark side, but May kept strong. She did falter a couple times, but she did stay with us and the order of the phoenix.

On May 2nd, the Battle of Hogwarts, May jumped in front of a spell to save Neville. A spell that she accidentally created. One that cause you to slowly die, with no cure, with your body, starting with your feet, turning to ashes. This gave her enough time to reconcile with August, you defected back to our side, and say goodbye to the rest of us. She died that day along with her boyfriend, your Uncle Fred.

I hope this long and sad story helps you with your project. If you need anything else -even if you don't and you just want to talk- just write to me and I will help you in anyway possible.

Lots of love

-Ginny

Teddy held the tearstained parchment. He knew it had caused so much pain for his Godmother to write it, but he was ever so grateful to her that she did, He got the best mark on that assignment. His task was to write about the life of someone who had died during the Second Wizarding War and he had written about May Almer. He had completely forgotten about this until he found the letter again.

He heard a small knock at the door.

"Come in!" he called, not looking away from the letter. He heard the door open.

"Madam Pomfrey told me to bring this to you." A voice said. He looked and say Victoire holding a tray that had food and a couple potions on it. Vic had her eyes glued to it and completely avoiding the half werewolf.

"Thanks." Ted said quietly, getting up to grab the tray from her. She left as soon as the tray was out of her hands, not giving Teddy the chance to say anything more. Teddy waved his wand and all his things stuffed themselves into his trunk.

He sat in silence, eating his food and taking his potions, until the rest of the boys came in from lunch before afternoon classes.

(A/N: Um..., so..., hi...? I know it's been forever, I'm sorry. My life has been so hectic recently. If it makes you feel any better, theater is over for the most part so I have A LOT more free time to neglect homework. I haven't exactly had the most time to write this weekend, I'm actually in the process of dying my hair at this exact moment so I have to go rinse out the dye. I will try to update more often. Byee -Jul)