(Lockscreen)

I wanted to call her already

I wanted to call her already. Well, I wanted to hold her actually, but that was even less possible. This had been the most perfect night, I didn't even know how to comprehend it. I emptied one of my vintage cigar boxes and tucked the rose and her underwear into it, hiding in between my bed and the headboard before turning off the light.

*Emma's POV *

I woke up and groaned as I rolled over, totally unwilling to move. I smiled when I saw the picture I'd changed my lockscreen to, that dork never failing to make me smile. We had the same homescreen, some picture I took last Monday night before I left, but my lockscreen just brightened my day, especially when I saw I had a message from him.

 We had the same homescreen, some picture I took last Monday night before I left, but my lockscreen just brightened my day, especially when I saw I had a message from him

K: morning, beautiful. let me know when you wake so I can stop missing you.

E: I'm up but I'm not moving. It's too comfortable and my screen makes me giggle.

K: Can I come see you?

E: *sigh* you're outside already, aren't you?

K: It's a distinct possibility

E: I'm just going to use the bathroom and get something to eat, come on up. Window is open.

I didn't wait for a reply, leaving my phone in my room and going to the bathroom. I wiped my eyes so yesterday's makeup looked decent though there was no hiding how tired I was, even my lips still puffy from sleep. I turned to leave and caught a glimpse of something else, moving my hair to find honest to god hickeies along my collar bone. I just shook my head, going down to the kitchen to find Ingrid yelling at Anna.

"You shouldn't have even been out that late," she scolded her. "I know teenagers have their fun every once in a while, but you didn't come home until dawn!"

"Neither did I," I defended her quickly and they both looked at me as I stood there with two bottles of juice and pop tarts. "We weren't even really drinking, we were all just sitting around talking. It only went that late because everyone was freaking out about me and my boyfriend. That's all it was, I swear."