“Nnn…” I squealed seeing Beau, acting like it had been months not days since I saw him last. My arms were around his neck in seconds as he squeezed me against him tightly. I felt myself being lifted off the ground as he twirled me around to face the exit.

“Hey Angel.”

“Hey Boyfriend.”

It was crazy how much I had missed him. We spoke on the phone every night and it hadn’t even been a full week since I last saw him, but being able to hold him – kiss him, nothing else made up for that.

Getting home the smell of pizza greeted us as we walked in the door. The boxes were set up on the dining table which was thankfully void of any candles and Jess stopped mid slice as we walked in.

“You couldn’t have waited?” I teased, knowing she was just as bad as I was with food.

“I was hungry?” She shrugged with her mouth full; it was hard to understand her. “I didn’t know what you liked, so got a bit of everything.”

“Thanks Jess.” Beau took the plate she offered and set his bag down by the table. I headed upstairs to change and came back down to hearing them argue over something on TV. Despite the fact he was only four years older than us, clearly he didn’t act his age and the pair of them sounded like twelve year olds. Grabbing some pizza I went and joined them on the sofa, taking up the job of referee.

This was the first time we’d all hung out, and it was better than I could have imagined. Sure they’d met before, but this was different. It didn’t matter that he was Beau Morgan, lead singing of Taking Back Monday. He was my boyfriend, and it as a nice glimpse at what normal could have been if it wasn’t for that fact.

By ten, Jess decided to go to bed and Beau had fallen asleep twenty minutes earlier with his head in my lap. We had taken over the main sofa and Jess flicked his foot which dangled over the edge causing him to flinch and roll over slightly. We both held back our laughs and I shook my head at her to say no more. He had looked tired when I’d picked him up at the airport and the fact he fell asleep with Jess and I still talking through the movie showed it.

“If he takes the V-card on the sofa, you’re buying a new one. Keep me up all night; you’re getting reported to the tabloids!” She threatened, shaking her finger at me in warning. I knew she was joking, unable to keep a straight face as I poked my tongue out at her.

“Goodnight to you too!”

Smirking, she blew me a kiss and headed off to her room. Considering the movie we were supposed to be watching was boring and I hadn’t actually watched more than five minutes of it told me it was time for bed too and I gently woke Beau up to go to bed.

“Hey Angel,” He yawned, looking around sleepily as he sat up, a little stiff from how he had been laying. “What time is it?”

“About ten thirty. I can leave you down here, but thought you might like to come to bed?”

His face lit up with mischief at the mention of bed and he lunged forward, throwing me over his shoulder as he stood. I screamed, trying to free myself and remembering Jess was down the hall clamped my hands over my mouth to try and keep quiet.

“Not cool!” I scolded the second he closed my bedroom door and set me down on the bed.

“Was there a lock?”

I nodded and sure enough, he flicked it into place.

“I do not want to be woken up like last time.” He muttered, crawling over the bed to me it didn’t take him long to get rid of both our clothes.