Chapter 9

I stalked into the house, slamming the door in Manami’s face.

“Migome?” I heard my mum sing,

“What?” I snapped, pausing my trip up the stairs. When my mum skipped into the room, she instantly stopped and stared at me, her face worried,

“What’s wrong?” She asked as she looked me up and down, “You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” I turned forward,

“You have no idea.” I muttered to myself before continuing my journey upstairs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I opened my eyes slowly when there was a light tap on my door,

“Migome?” My mother asked, her tone cautious.

“What?” I snapped. I heard the door open slowly, squeaking loudly as it did so. My eyes never left the ceiling where I was counting the amount of water stains there were from leakage.

“Tonight is Mangetsu-sai…” She trailed off, her soft voice failing to continue her sentence.

I sighed and sat up in bed.

“Alright,” I raked my fingers through my hair. “You only get to do this once a year so I’m going to cooperate.” Her face lit up,

“Thank you! You’ll love your dress!” I listened with slight amusement as she gushed about everything she’d bought in preparation for this one night. “Every boy in Konaha will fall for you tonight!” She exclaimed as she clasped her hands together, staring dreamily out the window.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Now hold still.” My mum instructed as she carefully applied the makeup to my eyes. “Alright.” She said at last, leaning back to examine her handiwork, “Open your eyes, and look in the mirror.” I hesitantly did as she told me.

The first thing I saw was my beaming mother, all the stress and worry had left her face, making her look ten years younger. I slowly turned to the body length mirror that was placed at the far end of the room.

“Wow…” Was all I could say as I stood.

She did a pretty good job, I had to give her that.

She’d forced me into a red, flowing, strapless, floor length dress. It was tight at the top, when it reached just under my chest area it started to loosen up. The material was soft as silk, if not softer.

My shoes were black, and heeled. Something that I had protested on, but my mother had insisted that it did something for my short stature.

I kicked her in the shin when she called me short.

And finally, the makeup.

Blood red lipstick was carefully painted onto my face. Along with mascara, a little eye liner and ruby eye shadow around my onyx eyes.

I had to admit. I looked hot.

“And finally, these.” I turned to look at my mother, who was holding up two, clip on earrings in the shape of hearts. They, too, were black.

I sighed and turned forward, giving her permission to put them on me.

“You know have you ears pierced, and I guess that’s a good thing.” My mother chuckled, “Less expensive, I guess.” I didn’t answer. And finally, she put the chain with the Uchiha emblem on it around my neck.

It was cool against my warm skin. I eyed it as it glimmered in the light, happy to get out of the box it was kept in until such a night as this. “Migome…” My mother whispered as she stepped back to admire me, “You look…”

“Beautiful.” Marvled a female voice from my doorway, “Just beautiful.” My mother and I spun to face the intruder,

“It’s you,” I growled, “Hatsuni.” The woman smiled and gave me a mocking wave,

“Hello there, Migome.”

_________________________________________________

Sorreh! Writers block >.< But yea :) hope you enjoi'd, and sorry that it's short ^.^'